PDA

View Full Version : Festool downdraft table

John Dugo
03-20-2008, 7:57 PM
Hello one and all! I'm about to make a large purchase of Festool tools. I was wondering if anyone with the MFT 1080 has tried to convert it into a downdraft table? It would seem to be that it is possible, but I haven't seen the underside of one. I'm always looking to get double duty out of my equipment.

Jim Becker
03-20-2008, 8:24 PM
I've never seen that done. Can we assume you mean for hand sanding? There would be no need for this with any of the Festool sanders... ;)

James Hart
03-20-2008, 8:39 PM
Are you buying these Festools used? I ask because the 1080 is discontinued. A newer version is due out 4 or 5/1.

Jim

Al Garay
03-20-2008, 9:29 PM
There are dealers who still have the MFT1080 in stock. Woodcraft and FestoolSupply in Seattle have them.

Bruce Pennell
03-20-2008, 9:59 PM
John I have to agree with Jim, if you are using your festool tools with a CT-vac you won't need a down draft table. The dust collection system is great just with the tool and vac combo. I have TS-55, Domino, 1400 router, 150 rotex sander (I'm amazed at the dust collection). I have not purchased a table yet, waiting for the new model. I believe you want to be able to reach under the table to use certain clamps (might be wrong if anyone else could chime in). You may be able to make a removable downdraft section under the table by putting studs in the underside and knobs to hold it in place. Kind of a removable plywood shelf with a hose attachment. Doesn't sound like it would be to hard.

John Dugo
03-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Jim, yes, for hand sanding and for other tools until I can replace all of them with Festool. By the way, I grew up in Bucks Co. too, Langhorne to be exact.

James, I'm going to buy new, the reason I said 1080 is because no one has the 3 yet, and they are the same size. I figured if I had said the MFT 3, I would have been told about it.;)

Al, I know it would save me some dough, but buying the newest and best has been a bad habit of mine for years now:D.

John Dugo
03-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Hey Bruce, do you at any time wish that you had the 75 instead of the 55? If you guys had the choice of 3 of the sanders which ones would be your choices be? I own an unfinished furniture store, and finish a lot of assembled pieces. I still get to build some custom jobs, but not as many as I would like.