PDA

View Full Version : ??What Was I Thinking???

Tyler Howell
03-22-2004, 12:40 AM
I took Chris’ advise. What was I thinking ??:p:p

Actually I was long over due to fire up the router for some trim work.
Lack of space doesn’t permit a free standing router table so UFN I’ll be using the table extension to the right in my TS.

Installed the down draft cabinet, and Eliminator from Woody’s.( Woodpecker) My Excalibur over arm blade guard bisects the RT. It can get in the way some times, but not nearly as much as the post holding up the ceiling. Hasn't been a major problem so far.I wired in (Here’s where Chris Padilla comes in!) 2 three way switches so I could control the router from two different areas. Works just great. I added a pilot light so I would know at a glance when the RT is plugged in. Thanks Chris. Another Soggy Bottom suggestion goes to work.

Chris Padilla
03-22-2004, 2:03 AM
Doh...I'll be getting folks in trouble if they start taking MY advice! :p

Glad you got it working, Tyler, and glad to hear that the two controlling switches worked out nicely. As you know, on my free-standing router table, I have 3 switches (2 3-way, 1 4-way) around the top. Since the 4-way was a bit pricey, I put it in the location that I would probably use the least.

Jim Becker
03-22-2004, 9:07 AM
Tyler, nice setup and it appears to meet your needs. You can always lift the Excalibur out of the socket when you need to use the router since the base is below table height. It's a little cumbersome due to balance, but quick and easy to do.

One other thing...get yourself guards for those switches so you can't accidently flip them with your hips, legs, beltbuckle or anything else hanging out at that particular height. They are little metal things that are held in place with the two screws that fasten the box face to the switch. I doub't they cost more than a buck each, too.

Chris Padilla
03-22-2004, 10:34 AM
Tyler,

I also have a "main" switch for my router table (besides plugging it in) to make the 2 controlling switches hot or not--kinda like Microsoft's "Are you sure" boxes.... :)

Tyler Howell
03-22-2004, 10:35 AM
One other thing...get yourself guards for those switches so you can't accidently flip them with your hips, legs, beltbuckle or anything else hanging out at that particular height. They are little metal things that are held in place with the two screws that fasten the box face to the switch. I doub't they cost more than a buck each, too.[/QUOTE]

Good Answer Good Answer! ;)
Thanks Jim I've done That Over arm shift thing a couple times and It was?????? fun!!!:rolleyes:
Will follow up on the Switch Guards!

Tyler Howell
03-22-2004, 10:44 AM
Tyler,

I also have a "main" switch for my router table (besides plugging it in) to make the 2 controlling switches hot or not--kinda like Microsoft's "Are you sure" boxes.... :)
:eek::eek::eek: Wowa Chris! The binary logic table is getting stretched way way out there. Thanks! I always go for the plug.
It's kinda like the trendy cargo pants with all the pockets. I can't find anything in those bad boys. I'd never get the RT turned on with all the possible switch positions.:p

Daniel Rabinovitz
03-22-2004, 2:28 PM
Boy! Tyler
That looks kind of intricate.
Neat setup.
Daniel :rolleyes: