PDA

View Full Version : where to get 6" pvc?

jason lambert
03-20-2008, 7:32 PM
I went to the local borg today and can't find 6" pvc where are you guys getting it or are you worering from the internet?

Jim O'Dell
03-20-2008, 7:39 PM
Hopefully someone up your direction will be able to point you to a specific business you can get it from, but no, the Borgs don't carry it. Lowes may have some fittings (fittings also fit the green SDR35 pipe) and they have the 4" S&D 2729. You need to look for a commercial pipe supplier. Try this place online to see if they have someplace near you: http://www.horizononline.com/ Type in your zip at the top right.
Beyond that, call a couple plumbers or irrigation people and ask where they buy their pipe. THAT will be the place you need to go. But ask for 6" thin wall gravity fed sewer pipe...They have no idea what S&D2729 is, even though it's printed on the side of the pipe! Jim.

Rick Gifford
03-20-2008, 7:59 PM
I have a local JABO supplier for contractors. They carry piles of various piping. This is the only place I could find the 6" PVC reasonable. In fact I was pleased with the price after seeing what Lowes wanted to charge.

Look around and see if you can find similar in your area:

wwwjabosupply com

Jim Becker
03-20-2008, 8:18 PM
Check your yellow pages for irrigation suppliers... ;)

Larry Fox
03-20-2008, 9:33 PM
Us Supply in Coatesville PA here but, as others have said, irrigation suppliers and such.

jason lambert
03-21-2008, 10:26 AM
How about steal then? Where can I get that?

NICK BARBOZA
03-21-2008, 10:32 AM
try madison plumbing supply ( i think thats the name....) its on kings road just before the YMCA in madison.

They should have some 6".

Good luck
Nick