PDA

View Full Version : Any Netflix users?

Jim Mims
03-20-2008, 2:56 PM
Netflix has a series of woodworking DVDs that can be added to your queue, but are not in their offerings as of yet. I for one sure would like to view them.
It might help if we all added them to our queue and bumped their interest up a notch. Do a search for 'woodworking'.
Here's the blurb from Netflix:

"Adding these titles to our site gives our members information about potential upcoming releases and it helps us to judge our members' interest in a movie and to decide whether or not we should add a title to our inventory."

- Jim

Jason Beam
03-20-2008, 3:00 PM
I've had many of them in my "saved" list for well over a year now - i've only managed to get one in the past two years. I'm frankly annoyed that it's taking so long to get it.

Jim Becker
03-20-2008, 3:15 PM
While we are on a temporary moratorium on Netflix (due simply to no time to watch anything right now), we've been very pleased with the service. It's nice to know they are reaching out into non-mainstream titles like woodworking, too.

Brent Ring
03-20-2008, 3:27 PM
I think it is great to have them 'taunt' us, so to speak, but I for one would like to push them to get them in, and distribute them, or not tease us anymore. Can we do anything besides keep them in our queue?

Bob Rufener
03-20-2008, 3:49 PM
Good idea! I've added several to my Q

Bryan Berguson
03-20-2008, 9:27 PM
I'll add some to my Q. Maybe the large # of requests will speed up the process.

I just hope they are in better shape than alot of the disks I get. It looks like some of them have spent a week on the floor of my wood shop... I've lost track of how many were damaged and skipped when we played them. Very frustrating. I will say this though, they are quick to send replacements.

BB

Lance Norris
03-20-2008, 11:23 PM
I had them in my queue for so long, I got tired of looking at "saved" and deleated them. It would be nice because they fall into the special interest catagory and Netflix does seem to have a nice collection of Special Interest items.

Jeff Wright
03-21-2008, 10:16 AM
I had them in my queue for so long, I got tired of looking at "saved" and deleated them. It would be nice because they fall into the special interest catagory and Netflix does seem to have a nice collection of Special Interest items.

I, too ,got discouraged after having them in my queue for months. Finally deleted them and gave up waiting.

Scott Vigder
03-21-2008, 1:09 PM
Mine have been queued up for 14 months. I refuse to remove them as I want Netflix to know I want them.

I don't think I'll ever get them, but they must know what we (the consumers) want.

Kevin French
03-21-2008, 1:20 PM
Been there done that too

Maybe we all ought to send them a link to this thread.

Rich Konopka
03-24-2008, 8:12 PM
I have given up on Netflix after many years. I was receiving many of the DVD's scratched, broke, cracked, and in the wrong sleeve. I recently found this site www.smartflix.com. The only bummer is tat they do not use the same model as Netflix.

Russ Filtz
03-25-2008, 3:57 PM
I was one of the original Netflix users when it was cool. You could pretty much get anything, have multiple DVD out at once (I think it was 5 or 7 at a time), log it as sent in online and they would sent the new ones right away. I kept a continuous stream of DVD going, watching at least 20+ a month. Good turnover rates!

Then they changed the rules. Only 3 out unless you paid a premium. New ones only shipped when the received the old ones. Took weeks it seemed to get new DVDs once you mailed. Not worth it so I immediately canceled. Ah, the good old days.