PDA

View Full Version : Gage 6G plane value?

David Tiell
03-20-2008, 2:13 PM
Visiting family back home. Was at an antique mall today, and found a Gage 6G plane in nice condition with what appears to be a full blade for $115. They will reduce the price by 10% if paid for with cash. They also had an additional blade that looked almost new for I believe $20. Are either of these worth the asking price? I've only got a couple days left before I have to leave town and go back home and work. Should I go back and get them?

Thanks,

Dave

Clint Jones
03-20-2008, 2:58 PM
The blade is allright but the G6 is about all its money. Not overpriced but not a deal. I picked up a VERY nice G6 a few months ago for $30 at an auction. -Clint

Tony Zaffuto
03-20-2008, 4:33 PM
Price might be a bit stiff. I picked up a very nice G5 corrugated last week for $65 (Patina gathering). Not the same as a G6, but a rough guideline. Martin Donnelly has a G6 listed for this weekend's auction that has about 75% japanning left, and IIRC the price range was $50 to $100.

T.Z.

Steve Rozmiarek
03-20-2008, 8:38 PM
Last Gage I bought, a rough #5, was twenty something $'s. John Walter says $100 to $300 in the old guide I have here by the computer, but I'd certainly think Clint is closer.