PDA

View Full Version : 3 new writing instruments

Jim Meier
03-20-2008, 1:39 PM
The first orange one here was to be a birthday present for a friend, but I liked it too much, so now its on my desk :cool: it is made from two colors of stabilized burl blank (which was harder than the acrylic I used on the other pens) with a bocote band. The main body is orange and the very top is red/orange. Sanded to 1,000 without any finish. The feel in the hand is like silk and my wife keeps trying to seal it :eek:

The purple pen was made as a gift for a friend.
The blue one is my desk pen.

Soon I think will try making a few to sell, after I work out a few kinks in design and finish. where do you pen turners sell most of your pens? I dont really have the time to do fairs or shows, is there a place on the internet that works well???

Paul Engle
03-20-2008, 2:44 PM
Very nice Jim, I like the stab'd burl , ah ... the LOOL's ( almost sounds like a soap :rolleyes:) you must make "hers" first ... then, while she is distracted :confused:.... you can make others and she may not try to seperate 'em from you ...:D, and if she ask " what are you making?" .... say " just fiddling around " and do not forget to smile :D .... yea like that ;).

robert hainstock
03-20-2008, 4:18 PM
Nice pens. I have mine in a gift shop on consignment. Don't sell many so am revisiting the idea. I give a lot away. They keep me turning and off the couch. good luck! :)
Bob

Jim Meier
03-21-2008, 12:28 AM
I'll try distracting her, but she pays awfully close attention...

Thanks, I'll see if any of the artsy shops downtown are interested.

Jim

Bernie Weishapl
03-21-2008, 4:14 PM
Nice looking pens Jim. I would also look into a local owned office supply store. I have sold quite a few there on consignment.

Tom Sherman
03-22-2008, 6:06 AM
Jim the fun has just begun. Some nice looking pens you have there, keep em coming.