PDA

View Full Version : Jet Jjp-12; 12" Planer/jointer Combo

Steven DeMars
03-20-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm ready to pull the trigger . . .as some of you guys say it . . Appreciate any recommendations as to a good vendor. Not best price necessarily, best company to deal with, least hassles if their is a problem . . .:o

Matt Meiser
03-20-2008, 12:19 PM
Not best price necessarily, best company to deal with, least hassles if their is a problem . . .:o

Someone local. Seriously, if you have it shipped and its damaged, you will have to deal with that. If you buy local, you can inspect it before pickup or when the deliver it. A good dealer might even check it out with you and help you get it set up.

Curt Harms
03-20-2008, 3:12 PM
I'm ready to pull the trigger . . .as some of you guys say it . . Appreciate any recommendations as to a good vendor. Not best price necessarily, best company to deal with, least hassles if their is a problem . . .:o
I bought mine from Equipment Sales & Surplus in Auburn WA. It drop shipped from Tennessee. The machine is pretty well packed and would have to be dropped or something in order to be damaged. Mine was bolted to a wooden pallet and fully enclosed by (crappy!!) 1/2" plywood. Except for the fact that the first delivery attempt was sans (requested) lift gate service. The machine is what I expected.

HTH

Curt

Eric Haycraft
03-20-2008, 3:38 PM
I learned my lesson when my table saw came with a damaged rail...buy locally. Being able to drive somewhere and plop a bad part on the counter is much easier than dealing with shipping it back/waiting/waiting/waiting. You can usually get the exact same price locally. The only difference will be in shipping and tax costs.

Steven DeMars
03-20-2008, 7:23 PM
I contacted Marchands in New Orleans. They are having an open house type show with all their vendors. He told me JET will be there and I should be able to come away with a good price even though the machine is not in stock. He has several coming . . . . April 3rd, 4th & 5th . . . .

I have bought several large pieces of equipment from them before. Excellent dealer. I just did not realize they had become a JET dealer . . . .

Thanks everyone . . . .
Steve:)

Derek Hansen
03-20-2008, 7:39 PM
What's the best deal anyone has gotten on one of these babies?

Matt Meiser
03-21-2008, 9:25 AM
$1895 seems to be the going rate.

Dave Avery
03-21-2008, 9:34 AM
Toolsplus has it for $1,699 plus shipping or CT 6% sales tax......

Don Bullock
03-21-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm with the buy local if possible group especially for larger tools. While I did have a good experience with Grizzly on my jointer and I really like it, I'm not sure I would do it again. It's just better dealing with someone locally. In my mind price isn't everything. Having the direct contact with the merchant is a lot better for me personally. I also like supporting my local economy. Yes, I have to pay sales tax, but often that's about the same as shipping. For Festool Bob will still be who I go to and I may buy other smaller tools through places on the Internet like Amazon.