PDA

View Full Version : Just Joined SMC

Brent Beelby
03-21-2004, 9:25 PM
Hello everyone. This is now my favorite web site to visit since WOOD changed their format. I used to read WOOD's message board everyday, then I found myself reading SMC alot more and now almost everyday. I really enjoy the pictures, and reading the friendly talk. I thought it was time to join up because sooner or later I am going to have a question, and its nice to comment on the nice work. Thank-you Brent

Dick Parr
03-21-2004, 9:26 PM
welcome to the SMC Brent!

Bob Marino
03-21-2004, 9:30 PM
Brent,

Welcome aboard. This is an excellent place to learn and communicate with others. I am sure you will like it.

Regards,

Bob Marino

Jim Becker
03-21-2004, 9:30 PM
Good to see you here, Brent. This is indeed, a nice place to hang out. Welcome!

Now, I'll (hopefully) beat Miliunas to it and say, "Where's the pics??" :D

Todd Burch
03-21-2004, 9:32 PM
Welcome Brent!

Ted Shrader
03-21-2004, 9:41 PM
Hi Brent -

Welcome to the Creek. Great place to hang out and dangle your feet. Glad to have you.

Ted

Tyler Howell
03-21-2004, 9:45 PM
Welcome Brent Glad to have you on board!
Now you're an official Soggy Bottom Boy!;)

Brent Beelby
03-21-2004, 9:46 PM
Good to see you here, Brent. This is indeed, a nice place to hang out. Welcome!

Now, I'll (hopefully) beat Miliunas to it and say, "Where's the pics??" :D

Pictures? Jim, check out my thread, I didn't even know how to properly space my writing until just a minute ago and my son told me to just hit the enter button to your words. Pictures I'll definatly have to work on. lower

Brent

Brent Beelby
03-21-2004, 9:52 PM
Pictures? Jim, check out my thread, I didn't even know how to properly space my writing until just a minute ago and my son told me to just hit the enter button to your words. Pictures I'll definatly have to work on. lower

Brent

Sorry about the english. I acually had the word "lower" in between "to" and "your words" only on the line below . When I hit send It put the word "lower" at the end of the paragragh. Now you can see I'm a ways from getting pictures up
Thanks Brent

Kelly C. Hanna
03-21-2004, 9:58 PM
Welcome to the Creek! You will no doubt find out soon as I did that this site is the best WW'ing forum on the net.

Michael Ballent
03-21-2004, 10:46 PM
Welcome aboard. Great place, and I agree with what has happened over at the WOOD board. I certainly has slowed down since the format change. Ask any questions you would like we do not bite ( much ;) )

-Michael

Frank Pellow
03-21-2004, 11:20 PM
Welcome Brent. I just joined two weeks ago and, already, I have received quite a lot of good advise and information. I trust that your experience will be as good as mine has been.

Dale Thompson
03-21-2004, 11:23 PM
Brent,
You have made a good choice. We are all friends here on the "Creek". Please don't take offense at all the folks who pick on ME! They have talent - I don't! On the other hand, I keep trying and sooner or later I will get SOMETHING right. In the meantime, I am getting a LOT of excellent advice which will serve me well - if I live long enough. One last thing. Don't pay any attention to John K. Miliunas (aka "Spring"). He is always asking for pictures. I think that that is because he can't READ!! :) :eek:

Dale T.

John Miliunas
03-21-2004, 11:29 PM
Great having you on the Creek, Brent! I think you'll find this to be one of the best and friendliest WW forums out there! Don't worry about typo's, spelling wards rong or stuf like that! :D We all do it, but usually can figure it out just fine. And Jim's right about the thing on pictures! Don't fret about that, either. It's pretty simple and if you need a hand, give a hollar and someone will be happy to help walk you through it! Welcome aboard! Visit often, stay long!!! :cool:

EDIT: I should've known the old man from Peshtigo would be slingin' mud at me, even right when I was typing my reply! One o' these days, Dale. Just one o' these days....... :D

Bart Leetch
03-21-2004, 11:41 PM
Brent,
You have made a good choice. We are all friends here on the "Creek". Please don't take offense at all the folks who pick on ME! They have talent - I don't! On the other hand, I keep trying and sooner or later I will get SOMETHING right. In the meantime, I am getting a LOT of excellent advice which will serve me well - if I live long enough. One last thing. Don't pay any attention to John K. Miliunas (aka "Spring"). He is always asking for pictures. I think that that is because he can't READ!! :) :eek:

Dale T.

BY GOLLY DALE YOUR RIGHT.......... accept for that part about John aka Spring. He He He............

Robert Ducharme
03-22-2004, 2:30 PM
Welcome, welcome, welcome. Better to be redundant than sorry. :)

Please ask questions, I learn more that way. Thanks for joining

Kurt Aebi
03-22-2004, 2:55 PM
Welcome to the "Creek" (pronounced "Krik").

Enjoy th ecommunity and even if you just "Lurk" I am sure you'll learn lots from these guys - I have!

Welcome!

Kent Cori
03-22-2004, 6:01 PM
Brent,

Come on in, the water's fine (although it does occasionally get a little "deep" in here!) :D We're glad to have you with us.

Steve Clardy
03-22-2004, 6:10 PM
Welcome Brent. LOts of good advice AND pictures here. Steve

John Miliunas
03-22-2004, 6:33 PM
Welcome Brent. LOts of good advice AND pictures here. Steve

Hrmph! Show off! :D (OK, you do beautiful work, so I guess you deserve it! Shore do wish I could do stairs like that!!! I think stairs are an art unto themselves!) :cool:

Jeff Skory
03-22-2004, 7:51 PM
Welcome Brent,

As you no doubt know from lurking this is a FUN place to hang out. And you can gain one heck of a lot of woodworking knowledge from its members.

So don't be shy about asking for advice. You'll get it along with a good dose of humor.

Steve Clardy
03-22-2004, 8:26 PM
Hrmph! Show off! :D (OK, you do beautiful work, so I guess you deserve it! Shore do wish I could do stairs like that!!! I think stairs are an art unto themselves!) :cool:

Well--------Thanks John. I'll PM you where my pics are stored. They are on another Woodworkers site, and don't think I can link here. Steve

Tim Morton
03-22-2004, 9:24 PM
Welcome to the "joint"...I am also a very new member and have been reading up on everything since i got here. This place is chock full of great people and a great source of info on everything. The past few nights i have been glued to the place, to the point where even the cats are hanging out under my chair cuz they know I'll be here awhile....