PDA

View Full Version : Its a Stubby gloat

Terry Quiram
03-21-2004, 7:51 PM
I was able to purchase Gary Hern's Stubby lathe. We made the swap on Saturday and I just got it set up today. It took us 3 hours to set up. I turned a top because I have a flat work job that must be finished soon and if I mount a bowl blank.................Maybe next week end. I know I am gonna love this machine.

Terry

Dick Parr
03-21-2004, 8:17 PM
Congratulations Terry! Nice looking lathe.

Jim Becker
03-21-2004, 8:17 PM
Let me be the first [edit: second...Dick had a quicker trigger finger!] to congratulate you at SMC on this most awesome aquisition. While I was sad to hear that Gary had to give up this fine machine, it certainly found a great home in your shop! Do you think that SWMBO will let you use it or will you be stuck with the mini? :D

John Miliunas
03-21-2004, 8:24 PM
Color me green ! Nice score, Terry. I'm sure you'll love it. Can't wait to see pics of resulting products! :cool:

Bill Grumbine
03-21-2004, 8:42 PM
Very nice Terry! Congratulations. You've got it bad, haven't you? :D

Bill

Terry Quiram
03-21-2004, 9:25 PM
Jim

I can garr-un-tee that swmbo will not be turning on the Stubby. The spindle center line hits her about 2 inches below her chin. :D

Bill

No!!!! Now I have it good.

Terry

John Miliunas
03-21-2004, 9:37 PM
Hey Terry, on just a slightly different note: That picture, with that great big smiling mug, would be a super avatar! Just crop out your face and it's about the right size! :cool:

Dean Baumgartner
03-21-2004, 10:40 PM
Congratulations on the new aquisition.

I don't know, all you guys getting the spinny things.....but NO! Must concentrate on all of the flat work on the list. Maybe in a year or two.

Dean

Charles McKinley
03-22-2004, 11:39 PM
I can garr-un-tee that swmbo will not be turning on the Stubby. The spindle center line hits her about 2 inches below her chin. :D

When SWMBO builds a platform all the way around it so it fits her and it is about 2" below your waist who will be laughing then? :p :p

That is a great machine.

Terry Quiram
03-23-2004, 7:22 AM
Chuck

:p :p :p :p :p :p That made both of us laugh.

Terry

Kent Cori
03-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Great new toy Terry. Have fun!