PDA

View Full Version : The Bandsaw is purring like a kitten

Bill Huber
03-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Thanks to everyone that gave me advice, I have my bandsaw just purring like a kitten.

Got the book, read it and tuned the saw.
Have the Carter tension release on, have the Cool Blocks in.

Got my Timber Wolf blade on and tracking like a champ.
My Kreg fence came today and installed it, not much of a job there.

Set the fence at 3/16 of and inch on the Kreg scale on the fence and grabbed a board from the scrap bin. A 4 inch by 3/4 inch red oak, 20 inches long.
I did a resaw cut and it tracked spot on, put the calipers on it and it was 3/16 wide at 6 check points down the board.

I then cut a 3/16 piece off the side of it and it was square and 3/16 all the way down.

Who could ask for anything more. :D:D:D

Thanks to all for your great info and help...:D

Jim O'Dell
03-19-2008, 11:03 PM
Great news! Sounds like you've got a keeper. Jim.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Congrats Bill!

Using Mark Duginske's latest book and advice from Sam Blasco at Mini-Max and Jim Becker....My bandsaw is working like a charm too!

Bill Huber
03-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Great news! Sounds like you've got a keeper. Jim.

Jim, I think so.....

So far I love it.

Bill Huber
03-19-2008, 11:08 PM
Congrats Bill!

Using Mark Duginske's latest book and advice from Sam Blasco at Mini-Max and Jim Becker....My bandsaw is working like a charm too!

Yes, all you have to so is read and then read a little more and then put to practice what you read.

Lance Norris
03-19-2008, 11:43 PM
Bill... I love my bandsaws. I think you will too. It just makes things so much easier. You never have to "think in straight cuts" again. Having a bandsaw sure opens up a whole new world of woodworking. Bill... now get a book on bandsawn boxes. I like Tom Crabbs' book. Its kinda hard to find, but worth it when you do. I got mine used, on Amazon, but last time I looked there, it was too much money. You can find it on that big auction site reasonably.

Louis Rucci
03-20-2008, 10:10 AM
Ah Yes, SAm.

Bought my Minimax from him.

Great Guy.