PDA

View Full Version : New project, new article

Bob Hamilton
03-19-2008, 7:00 PM
Hi:
This one actually came about as a result of someone asking me for some tips on how to do something that I hadn't done myself in so long that I figured I had better refresh my memory before trying to give advice. It is really not that different from the triangle tea lights other than the number of legs and the size of the piece. I did take pictures and put together an article on the methods I used.

It is maple and cherry, about 8" square.

http://www.bobhamswwing.com/justpics/more%20pics/Composite-800.jpg

The article can be found at:
http://bobhamswwing.com/Articles/Suspended%20Bowl/Suspended%20bowl%20Page%201.html

Thanks for looking!
Bob

Steve Schlumpf
03-19-2008, 7:18 PM
Bob - beautiful work! Excellent tutorial! Thanks for posting!

Robert McGowen
03-19-2008, 7:25 PM
I like the finial and lid. It seems to go together nicely. With the legs, you know you are getting "artsy" on us now!

Richard Madison
03-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Bob,
The piece has an "elegant" look, probably (as Robert suggested) due to the blending and symbiosis, if you will, of curvatures.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Very nice.....very, very nice!

Bernie Weishapl
03-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Great piece Bob. Thank you for the tutorial.

Everette Harmon
03-20-2008, 5:30 AM
Very Nice, Thanks,
Everette

Dale Gregory
03-20-2008, 9:56 AM
Bob, great tutorial! I did one of these for a contest in Jan. w/o the lid (I called it an elevated four legged square bowl:D). The lid you added really sets it off, very nice job! It's fun having those four legs/wings flying around while turning isn't it! Mine were sharp as heck and I was just waiting for one to take a nice slice out of my hand.

A safety tip for those who havn't tried one of these, the four wings are just a blur when the lathe is in motion so you have to really concentrate on keeping your hands out of harms way.

Dale

JerHall
03-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Thanks for your efforts. Those articles will keep me busy for awhile!