PDA

View Full Version : Wood gloat

Jason Clark2
03-19-2008, 1:24 PM
They're clearing land a couple of miles from my house, including knocking down a handful of Desert Ironwood trees. I raided the brush piles yesterday evening and came away with this haul. 26 pieces of Desert Ironwood, 6-9" diameter and most 24-36" long. The tree in the second photo was still standing as of 6 PM. I may be headed back over to get more this evening.

Jason

curtis rosche
03-19-2008, 1:33 PM
awsome wish i found one of those to cut down

is there any wood that you dont have that you would be willing to trade for some of the burl or figure from that second tree? .i.e. cherry burl spaulted maple crotch apple burl

Jim Becker
03-19-2008, 1:56 PM
It would be really kewel if you could score some of that "burly" stuff on the still-standing tree you pictured!

Scott Hubl
03-19-2008, 2:03 PM
Sweet Score !

Go back for more while you can get it.

curtis rosche
03-19-2008, 3:37 PM
yes always go back for more..... even if you could never turn that much it can always be traded or sold just dont let anything good go to firewood

Steve Schlumpf
03-19-2008, 3:40 PM
Jason - congrats on all the wood! Wish you luck with the tree that is still standing - looks like some beautiful wood!

Jason Clark2
03-19-2008, 6:43 PM
Thanks guys, the tree that was left standing was knocked over sometime today, I'll be headed back over there in a couple of hours. I just hope they haven't trashed it too bad.

I may have some of this for trade in the next couple of weeks. My turning club meets on Saturday, I'm planning to have some for sale at that meeting and depending on what I pick up tonight I may have quite a bit more to swap with.

Jason

curtis rosche
03-19-2008, 7:06 PM
i would like to trade or buy some iron wood mybay some burl if you have it or any other wood thats not in PA

i collect them