PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic 66 motor cover

Louie George
03-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Because of very favorable suggestions from many members of this forum I recently obtained a 1986 Powermatic 66 and am now in the process of renovating this saw. Since this saw did not come with a motor cover I am looking to add one, but am having some difficulty finding one. To that end does anyone know where I might find a motor cover that will fit on a PM 66, will a PM 2000 cover fit, are there other covers (not PM) that will work? Please note, I am not a PM purist and since I have seen some pretty cool looking, non PM gold 66s I am considering going with something other than the traditional PM gold as well.

Doug Shepard
03-19-2008, 11:20 AM
The one that came with mine is just black plastic. I would think you could order one from PM. Dont know how much they cost, but I sure wouldn't think they'd be too bad. It's just plastic after all. There's an old PM green one (the metal type) listed on eBay at the moment (#260221114000).

Louie George
03-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Doug,

I have not had a chance to contact PM yet, but their net site only indicates the metal one, which is not available. Will call PM to see if they have the plastic one. Thanks.

Dave MacArthur
03-19-2008, 11:43 PM
Louie, I ordered one from PM for my PM66, after talking to their customer service. It was 90$, black plastic. Now that I have it, I would 100% recommend you just make your own out of 1/4" plywood or so!! It's pretty floppy and poor seal. I also have the email with that number, when I fire up the old computer for the manual I'll send that and part # on. But if you're in a hurry, call WMH (Powermatic), they can get you one. My saw is an 87 I think.

Louie George
03-20-2008, 9:38 AM
Dave,

Thanks. I finally spoke to someone at PM who provided both the part no. and confirmed that they had the cover in stock. I will be headed over to Rocklers to get a look at the cover and will go from their, I very well may end up making one.

Louie