PDA

View Full Version : Glass supplier in Rochester NY?

Wade Lippman
03-19-2008, 9:40 AM
I need to buy two glass panels for a china cabinet, but have never needed to buy glass before. I see numerous Rochester posters here; anyone suggest a glass vendor?

BTW, what kind and thickness of glass do I need? They well be about 25"x 25".

Tom Klass
03-19-2008, 8:07 PM
Wade,
I don't know Rochester that well, I'm in Hamburg N.Y. Most of your hardware stores will carry plain glass. For window repairs or what ever you want. If you ask them for single strength which is about 1/8 thick. that should be fine if you are mounting it in a door frame. I use it all the time for cabinet doors.
Tom

Rolf Maxa
03-19-2008, 8:15 PM
Did you check out Flower City Glass on Mt Hope Ave. I never had a need for glass, but I was going to look into a mirror for a jewelry box. I haven't gotten around to doing that. Let me know if you have any luck.:)

Jim Becker
03-19-2008, 8:15 PM
I'm not in your area, but I've been buying glass from a local glass supplier...nothing special. They have been very helpful in picking out appropriate materials including asking about how and where the glass will be used. In fact, I just picked up three door panels and six shelves from them yesterday for my wet bar project. I would think that any serious glass shop near you can help.

Mark Rakestraw
03-20-2008, 5:34 AM
Hi Wade,

I've gotten glass for cabinets at Milestones Glass Creations 350 Culver Ave, 288-7830. A bit of an artsy place, lots of specialty glasses. Maybe not the cheapest place, but nice people. You can just buy the glass, or take them the doors and they'll install. I put "Waterfall", which is wavy, in a library.

Mark

scott spencer
03-20-2008, 11:50 AM
I've had good dealings with Genesee Glass & Mirror on Bennington Drive, and also with Empire Glass on Lake if they're still there.

Brian D Anderson
03-20-2008, 12:20 PM
I've used Michaels glass http://www.michaelsglass.com/ before. Though for simple glass panels and/or mirrors, I've been told that places like craft type stores that offer framing services (like Joann Fabrics) are cheaper.

-Brian

Charles Wilson
03-20-2008, 2:19 PM
If you are in Rha-Cha-Cha you might want to check out ReHouse. It is a salvage store and it may have salvage glass.

http://www.rehouseny.com/

Chuck