PDA

View Full Version : Small Gloat - Saw Set

Rob Luter
03-19-2008, 7:51 AM
I picked up a nice little prize while on a rust hunt this past weekend. While nosing around in an antique mall I found a Stanley #42X Saw Set in essentially brand new condition. It has a couple of nicks in the japanning and the nickel plating is dull but beyond that it's cherry. It will make a great user.

Jim Koepke
03-19-2008, 11:33 AM
I picked up a nice little prize while on a rust hunt this past weekend. While nosing around in an antique mall I found a Stanley #42X Saw Set in essentially brand new condition. It has a couple of nicks in the japanning and the nickel plating is dull but beyond that it's cherry. It will make a great user.

Wooo Hooo!

Come on, Pics and Prices no goat is complete without 'em.

Seriously though, the 42X is a good one. Some suggest getting a small piece of veneer and gluing it to the plunger to be softer on the saw.

Have fun,

jim

Rob Luter
03-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Pics will be posted soon! I tried it out on a junker saw I had and it seems to work real well. I don't think I'll need to add veneer. The plunger and the anvil line up real nice so they don't abuse the tooth. Once I get some proper files and make a saw vise I can start to accumulate more saws for rehab. Oh boy :D More old tools.