View Full Version : First half blind dovetail help

Jack Porter
03-18-2008, 9:49 PM
I'm in the process of building a changing table/dresser for my unborn daughter who will be joining us in June. Making my first pass at half blind dovetails using the incra jig ultra and got a little sloppy on one of the passes on a pin board (the board came off the fence about 1/8 in. and overcut:o). What's the best fix for this? Best I could come up with would be to cut a small piece of similar board, glue it in, and sand it flush.

Also, what is typically done about glue squeeze out on the inside corners during glue up?

Thanks in advance

Karl Brogger
03-19-2008, 12:19 AM
and got a little sloppy on one of the passes on a pin board (the board came off the fence about 1/8 in. and overcut:o). What's the best fix for this?

Cut a new drawer side. You'll have less time and frustration in doing it over.

Also, what is typically done about glue squeeze out on the inside corners during glue up?

Less glue. I typically don't put any glue on the tails themselves. Just a small dot in each one of the pins. Once in a while I get carried away and a bit squeezes out to the inside.

After it dries take a really sharp chisel and chip it out. Remember the rule about chisels, less is more! You can always remove more, but it's hard to replace what you remove.

I get pins and tails reversed sometimes as far as names go.