PDA

View Full Version : Need info on mobile bases

Stephen Edwards
03-18-2008, 6:50 PM
I've seen photos of shop built mobile bases here on the forum that appear to be made from a kit. Does anyone know where I can find the kit that would include the two rear wheels, the foot pedal/front wheel (something like on the grizzly jointers) and the 4 metal corner brackets. I'm assuming, perhaps wrongly, that there's a kit available with these components.

Thanks for any info that anyone may be able to provide.

dustin sellinger
03-18-2008, 6:54 PM
Like this?
http://www.toolking.com/products/4450345.aspx?googlebase=50-345
There is a Rockler one too.

Greg Hines, MD
03-18-2008, 7:54 PM
I use a ShopFox brand mobile base for my router table, and you can get them at Woodcraft on sale from time to time. Unlike the one you are describing, this has steel bars for separating your wheels, instead of the add-your-own wood types that are out there, but it makes for a very sturdy base. The other key difference is that instead of a pedal to lift the tool onto the third, or fourth, wheels, this one has two feet that you screw down to lift up the swivel casters.

Doc

Colin Giersberg
03-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Lowe's has the Delta version, and I imagine that Home Depot has them too.

Regards, Colin

Stephen Edwards
03-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks folks.....I appreciate it very much!

Wayne Cannon
03-20-2008, 4:29 AM
I, too, am particularly happy with the Delta/Rockler model, with which I used white oak 2x2 stock for the frame.

Bill Ryall
03-20-2008, 6:41 AM
Check your local orange Borg. I just got 4 HTC mobile bases ($90+ each from my preferred industrial supplier) for $19.99 each.

Not an official gloat because I don't have pictures yet. I have a couple other HTC's and like them a lot.