PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doin's?

Bob Lasley
03-07-2003, 4:57 PM
Well, since Ernie didn't show up to ask and wish us a rockin' good weekend.................I'll ask what's goin on this weekend?

I know what two of you are doing, Dennis Peacock and Terry Hatfield are heading to my place for the weekend and we're going to see how much sawdust we can make in two days and probably visit the toy store.

Have a good weekend all,
Bob

Randy Miller
03-07-2003, 5:05 PM
Hopefully, between hauling kids to horseback riding, theatre group, basketball, birthday parties, etc. I'll be:

Hanging the doors on the shop,
Trimming out the new walls,
Cleaning out machines,
Installing my "emergency" light (I left one fixture attached to an older circuit so if my entire sub-panel goes I still have one light.)
If lucky, preparing my new machine (hopeful gloat next week...) :D

No "real" woodworking but getting really close!

Have a good one everybody!
-Randy

Phil Phelps
03-07-2003, 5:15 PM
And, I'm playin' golf. And springs' around the corner, and I look around the house and, blechhhh. I'm playin' golf.:p

Jim Izat
03-07-2003, 5:15 PM
I'm hoping to make significant progress on cutting the joinery and dry assembly on the base for my bench. (two and a half inch wide mortises to drill out and finish by hand, ack!)

Jim Izat

The sun is out for the first time in two and half weeks!

Rob Russell
03-07-2003, 5:17 PM
More prep on metal-moving. One of these days, I'll get my car back in the garage. Probably just in time for spring.

John Longwitz
03-07-2003, 5:21 PM
...removed the bathroom window and sided over. Trouble with lookin' out, while you're in the shower, is folks might be lookin' in as well. Got to use Craftsman's excuse for a Sawzall. Sure wish somebody would steal it so I could get a Milwaukee.

Ted Shrader
03-07-2003, 5:21 PM
One task is shopping for a new suit. :(

But .. . . . on a happier note, will be doing some hinge mortising and installing some top trim on the china cabinet/hutch.

Ted

GEDunton
03-07-2003, 5:26 PM
No heat in the shop 'til Thursday, forgot to call the gas man. Dang chiily, hasn't reached freezin' yet. Buddy dropped off the cedar on Wednesday for eight bluebird houses. His wife and mine are the problem source. So tomorrow afternoon, he and I have to cut, assemble and get em ready for hangin. They (those who are really in charge TWARIC ) inform us that they need to be up and bird ready next week to catch the first arrivals. If the blue birds come next week it will confirm the expression "bird brain". We'll see.

Later

Matthew Curley
03-07-2003, 5:55 PM
Well,

Saturday will be all about the continuation of a new bathroom (greenboard, shower surround, floor prep) and delivery of four blood-sucking / man-eating plants (Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors)

Sunday will be some much needed (mental health) shop time. Finishing cut lists and assembly of large utility cabinet for my Dad's tennis club.

All of this is could be preempted by LOML going into labor and me ending up in the hospital watching my son being born… Hmmm…? Son… Shop time… Son … Shop time… pretty easy decision.

Todd Burch
03-07-2003, 6:00 PM
I'll get some walnut out of storage and start on a "tool chest" form of a coffee table to go with that walnut built in. 3/4" finger joints on the corners - wild, wavy grain walnut solid carcase with a nice bold camphered base around the top & bottom.

Also, will be helping a friend make a laid brick sidewalk in his back yard - he gets to do most of the digging for the concrete base.

Saturday AM, Woodworker's Club of Houston monthly meeting. Everyone is invited. See www.wwch.org for details and directions.

Todd.

Dr. Zack Jennings
03-07-2003, 6:18 PM
I'm Loafin' my warm body has been requested at a Family "ta do" out of town. The weather is beautiful. I hope I can afford the gasoline.

Dave Hammelef
03-07-2003, 6:24 PM
Putting insulation into the interior walls of the new addition before they drywall. :D

Jim Baker
03-07-2003, 6:59 PM
We will be completing some upper display cabinets for one end of our dining room.

Sunday, we will be going to the University of Illinois Basketball game against Minnesota. Go Illini!!!

Keith Outten
03-07-2003, 8:07 PM
I hope to finish an island I'm working on for our kitchen.

Aaron and I have a project for SawMill Creek we hope to finish and get a picture posted here for your consideration.

W.C. Turner
03-07-2003, 8:07 PM
I plan to start the "Dreaded Income Taxes". Although, the procrastinator that I am, I've been starting them since January.

Wish me Luck!

W.C. Turner
03-07-2003, 8:11 PM
Jim,

Looking at your member picture, has anyone, but me, told you I thought I was looking at Norm Abram, plaid shirt and all??

W.C. Turner
03-07-2003, 8:17 PM
"I hope I can afford the gasoline"

Hey Zack,

After all, you are a Doctor. (;-)

I really gotta figure out how to apply the "smiley faces" to my posts?

Cam.Hedrick
03-07-2003, 8:25 PM
Fly fishing ....or siding shop...hmmm. Then on to visit a friend in the Marine reserves that's home for the weekend from being activated and back to Camp Legune on Monday morning. He's also a ham radio operator!! We..the LOML and I started a group up as there is no support group for military spouses in our area to be involved with.
Sunday...that's easy...Church. Then a cookout at our house with me manning the Jenn-Aire grill and 65 degree temps with , yes with...sunshine!!! :) :)

Bart Leetch
03-07-2003, 8:28 PM
I hope to be working on my wood working bench. It's not one of those fancy shop furniture projects if you know what I mean. Just a M&T together poplar framed bench about 3' by 5' top a 2 1/2" thick top banded with poplar topped by masonite. I will build a plywood tool case to go under it some time later. I did get the tenons cut on the stretchers & the mortises cut in the legs & fitted in 2 evening sessions this week. I need to dado the legs where the front & back legs face each other for a 3/4" piece of plywood that will be glued into each leg making each end a unit.

Mike St.Amand
03-07-2003, 9:55 PM
Shopping around at the camper show and doing a little snowshoeing, maybe a little more intarsia.
Enjoy the weekend,
Mike in Vt.

Joe Suelter
03-07-2003, 10:12 PM
Glueing up Bro-in-Law's Red Oak entertainment center, getting bids on new roof for the house. Have a great weekend everybody!

John Miliunas
03-07-2003, 10:13 PM
The "For Sale" sign went up last Friday, so it's been a whole, long list of "honey do's" for me! Mainly just dressin' stuff up. Trim out some basement windows, finally install the risers on the basement stairs, then install carpet runner down the middle. Well, at least *some* of it requires the use of tools! :cool:

Kevin Gerstenecker
03-07-2003, 10:56 PM
..............Running a Softened Water line and Hose Bib to the outside of house by the Driveway, so when I wash our vehicles our incredibly hard water doesn't spot so bad.......man, I hate that water spotting. It is so bad you have to wax it off! Finishing a couple of Slot Car Boxes I build and sell to guys who are into racing 1/24th scale Slot cars. Makes me a few bucks to help support this crazy addiction to Wood! :D
Try to get to an Oak End Table project, before the LOML kills me!
DEFINITELY going to the Golf Course Saturday...............going to be sunny, in the mid 60's here...................FINALLY! :cool:
Mass, as always, 7:00 a.m. Sunday Morning, with my Wife, Kids, and my Folks.......then out to Cracker Barrel for our weekly breakfast. (Does anyone else's pants feel tight when they leave breakfast at Cracker Barrel? :p )
Man, I am worn out already...........and I haven't even got a good start!

Earl Reid
03-07-2003, 11:32 PM
I plan to continue working on a china hutch for LOML. lots of interuptions past few weeks. Just finished making some large pic frame to be delivered to Navy base in DC next week. Have fun,
Earl:)