PDA

View Full Version : Finished my drawer pulls

Chris Bruno
03-18-2008, 4:00 PM
All 34 of them! :D

I actually made them from a relatively small piece of the oak that I got from that old mill building I gloated about several weeks ago. I finished them with some Formby's that I had leftover from another project that I wanted to use up.

After sealing the drawer bottoms with some poly, I started loading up the drawers last night. So far, I've emptied about 18 bins of my various hoardings and I still have 3 drawers empty. :)

-Chris

Sam Yerardi
03-18-2008, 4:02 PM
Nice work! And a clean shop. I'm envious..(just kidding) :)

Greg Cole
03-18-2008, 4:58 PM
Storage like that is something I should have done a long time ago.....
BTW, your shop is wayyyyyy to clean. I'd have to mess it up to find anything. Even after I do a clean up, I still can't compete with whats in that pic?
Well done.

Greg

Chris Bruno
03-18-2008, 7:00 PM
Thanks guys.

I guess I'm a bit anal about my garage/shop as far as neatness is concerned, but only because I feel like I can't work very efficiently when its a mess (and believe me, in the middle of some of my bigger automotive projects, it can get ridiculously messy). I actually consider that picture a little disorganized because of all the crap that isn't put away on top of the bench.

The funny part is that I'm just starting to organize this shop. I might be kicked out of the creek when its finished if I can get it as clean/neat as I hope to. :D Once it warms up, I've got to build a shed to move all the outdoor tools & toys out of the garage, then I get to put down the epoxy coating I just bought... That was $1600 that I would have loved to use towards some Festool candy, for sure... but the bare concrete is driving me nuts.

Thanks again!
-Chris

Peter Quinn
03-18-2008, 7:04 PM
I am starting to think I could win an UGLIEST SHOP in AMERICA contest. There appears to be no competition.

Oh, Beautiful shop Chris, and sorry for my envious outburst!:D:D:D That oak should be proud to call your shop home.

gary Zimmel
03-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Chris

Great work... Any way we could a picture of the router station?
I have one on my to do list.

By the way, pretty clean shop...

Jack Porter
03-18-2008, 10:26 PM
Hey Chris, looking good. Let's see more pics of the rest of the shop.

Peter, don't worry, I can definately give you a run for your money on ugliest shop around, I don't dare post pictures of it

Chris Bruno
03-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Sure thing Gary.. There was a thread a few days ago about it - its the NYW plans. I really like the layout and setup.

-Chris

gary Zimmel
03-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Thanks Chris. I have a Jessem setup that I would like to use in a cabinet.

Just have to find the time to make it.....

Richard M. Wolfe
03-19-2008, 9:36 AM
One empty drawer is the sign of a sick mind. And you have three? Seek help. Also I see no sawdust/shavings/cutoffs on the floor. Sigh. What is the world coming to?

P.S. -- Very nice work

Jim Becker
03-19-2008, 9:53 AM
Great looking setup, Chris!

John Thompson
03-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Nice and from what I can see.. spacious.. I did notice a 2 micron particle of dust on right top corner of one of the drawer top edges though. Better get a radar lock on that and take that baby out before it leads to big trouble. :D

Very nice shop in all seriousness, Chris...

Sarge..

Chris Bruno
03-19-2008, 6:05 PM
Crap! I knew I should have opted for the .5 micron filter in the DC.

Now I've got to go and spend more money.... :D

-Chris

Cliff Rohrabacher
03-19-2008, 6:37 PM
Nice shop~!!

What is it about drawers? They get full and there is still stuff you need drawers for.