PDA

View Full Version : Another Shop Safety Reminder

Joe Pelonio
03-18-2008, 12:43 PM
When cutting material with a utility knife, always use a safety ruler. Even when it's not handy and you're only making one cut. Otherwise you could end up getting two needles in the finger, another one for tetanus in the arm, a lot of pain and a finger that looks like this:

Travis Gauger
03-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Sorry to hear about your finger. The wrap is very fashionable though!:rolleyes:

Joe Pelonio
03-18-2008, 1:02 PM
Sorry to hear about your finger. The wrap is very fashionable though!:rolleyes:
They don't have white anymore, I had about 10 colors to choose from!

Scott Shepherd
03-18-2008, 1:33 PM
Slow learner, are we? http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=69578&highlight=finger

Sorry to hear about your finger, hope it heals soon. Take care of those things or you'll be kneading bread for a living!

Joe Pelonio
03-18-2008, 1:45 PM
Slow learner, are we? http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=69578&highlight=finger

Sorry to hear about your finger, hope it heals soon. Take care of those things or you'll be kneading bread for a living!
I figured you would be the one to remember that, thanks. :rolleyes: I thought if I showed the finger this time it would carry more weight. I think this time I'll follow my own advice.

Randal Stevenson
03-18-2008, 2:12 PM
There is a good number of people who say never use gloves in the shop. But they do make kevlar based gloves (good for lumber unloading/splinters, and knife work), as well as chainmaille butchers gloves.

I have times I use gloves, just not with most powertools.

Scott Shepherd
03-18-2008, 2:49 PM
All kidding aside, get healed up soon. I was in a machine shop at 14 years old and have been in them for over 20 years. I've cut myself enough and seen enough industrial accidents where fingers were lost that I'm a bit of a freak about having sharp, moving objects close to my fingers.

Heal up soon!

Joe Chritz
03-18-2008, 3:10 PM
What do they call that wrap now?

It has been used by vets for years and I just started seeing it in ER's not long ago.

I have use it regularly around here, usually on one of the animals but sometimes things happen.

You should have went with pink. :D

Joe

Joe Pelonio
03-18-2008, 3:44 PM
What do they call that wrap now?

It has been used by vets for years and I just started seeing it in ER's not long ago.

I have use it regularly around here, usually on one of the animals but sometimes things happen.

You should have went with pink. :D

Joe
It's called SELF ADHERENT ELASTIC WRAP where I was. There were several shades of pink available. They gave me the rest of the roll for changing the dressing tomorrow night.