PDA

View Full Version : W1707 Bandsaw Gloat

Travis Gauger
03-18-2008, 12:18 PM
I got this home over the weekend. Set it up Saturday night. Really like it but I'm having trouble finding blades for it. It takes 132" blades. Tried a 133" and it just won't fit. Where is everyone else getting their blades from? Is there a brand that is prefered? I use olson all pro blades or timberwolf on my 14" saw. I'm really after a good carbide tipped blade that I can put on this thing. Any reccomendations, tips? Thanks.:rolleyes:

Travis Gauger
03-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Here are some pictures of it.

Brian Kent
03-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Congratulations!

Not from experience, but from following mucho advice, I ordered 4 blades from Suffolk (Timberwolf). It was buy 3 get one free, custom size (mine was 131.5") good phone advice. Total delivered for 4 blades was $90.

Lance Norris
03-18-2008, 1:04 PM
I'm having trouble finding blades for it. Where is everyone else getting their blades from?

I get mine made at my local saw sharpening shop. Most shops can make you whatever size you need.

Jim Becker
03-18-2008, 1:37 PM
When you get into the larger saws (or more unique tools) you're not going to find blades in retail packaging in many cases. Buy from a supplier that makes them up to size. My supplier of choice is Suffolkmachinery.com...the maker of Timberwolf. Call them, tell them what kind of cutting you expect to do and they will recommend appropriate blade configuration choices for you. And be sure to buy more than one of the blade you expect to use as your regular go-to blade as they are disposables and there is nothing worse than having your blade run out of life in the middle of a project in the middle of a weekend... ;)

Curt Harms
03-18-2008, 1:45 PM
I just got a couple blades from these guys:Supercut (http://supercutbandsaw.com/products.html)I got the 1/2" premium gold blade for a Rikon 10-325. The cut is about like the Timberwolf 3/4" variable pitch blade and it seems to feed a little easier. I would think carbide impregnated teeth should last longer than silicon steel but I haven't used either one enough to dull them. I haven't had to worry about drift correction with either the Timberwolf or Supercut blade (touch wood:D).

Travis Gauger
03-19-2008, 11:58 AM
Here's an update for everyone or anyone interested. I did somesearching around and calling around and ended up ordering some blades from bandsawblade.com. CS was spot on when I called, and very helpful. I ordered a variety of blades from them that range from a 3/16" width up to a 1" and 1.1 TPI up to 14 TPI. They had the best prices around and I was really impressed with their willingness to answer some questions for me.

Here's another bandsaw blade question? Has anyone used the Timberwolf carbide tipped 1" resaw blade yet?