PDA

View Full Version : Rain = No shop Time?

Sean Troy
03-18-2008, 8:30 AM
Anyone else feel the lack of desire to work in the shop when the rain is comming down in buckets? We're looking at getting 6" + by tommorrow. I keep looking out the window at the shop and don't feel the need to be out there. My dogs on the other hand think it's thier duty to run outside and play only to come racing back in and shake water and mud all over the place and look at me like I should have been out there with them. If I could only find that *^&% slide in for the doggie door.

Doug Shepard
03-18-2008, 8:39 AM
It's the exact opposite here. My dog doesn't mind getting wet, except for her feet. She'll go out of her way to walk around puddles. So when our normal walk time comes around, I just have to show her what it's like outside, and she resigns herself to no walk. And I get to go work on something.:rolleyes:

Greg Cole
03-18-2008, 8:46 AM
Rain eliminates working outside round the house or playing outside with the kid (least this time of year it does...:rolleyes:) and the like. I love a day in the shop regardless of weather, and if it's rainy I don't find myself saying "I could have done this today" instead of being in the shop....
Our little dog needs a little prodding in the posterior to even go outside in the rain... nevermind frolic in it.

Greg

Tim Malyszko
03-18-2008, 8:58 AM
I love working out in the shop when its raining. What else am I going to do besides sit inside and be unproductive.

Judy Kingery
03-18-2008, 9:27 AM
Sean, yep a soggy day here as well. Our dogs, too, like to race about and leave muddly clumps in the house. Little mat by the doggie door helps matters! But shop time was nil last night when the thunderstorm shut off our power until this morning! Hopefully the sun'll come out for you and us soon! Jude

James Suzda
03-18-2008, 9:39 AM
Anyone else feel the lack of desire to work in the shop when the rain is comming down in buckets? We're looking at getting 6" + by tommorrow. .

What is worse than that is being in the 40 degree shop watching it snow outside on March 18th! :mad:

J. Z. Guest
03-18-2008, 9:41 AM
I won't go motorcycling, the wife & dog won't walk, the wife's in a foul mood, and I just say: "Oh well. I guess I'll have to go work in the shop! :o)

Henk Marais
03-18-2008, 9:48 AM
We had 162mm in the last 3 days. This is very out off season as our rainy season should have ended last month already.

I don't feel like doing anything let alone be in a cold wet shop. We usualy have good warm weather.

alex grams
03-18-2008, 9:56 AM
I have so much to do around the house that I welcome a day of rain, because it gives me an excuse to not be outside doing work, so I stay in the shop and work there.

Lately I feel bad if I DON'T do work around the house because there is so much to do, and I don't think I will ever get it done :(

I just want a day to relax in the garage and work on the little stuff I've been wanting to do, and not have a huge project that soaks up my time :(

Ken Fitzgerald
03-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Our winters here......cloudy......generally a light mist that doesn't amount to much accumulation...but cloudy.

I get up....put on a pot of coffee....go to the shop....turn the thermostat to 64ºF. Go back to the house; have some more coffee. Go to the shop and have fun.

If I didn't work in the shop due to rain......I'd only be in there about 8 months out of the year.

Jim Becker
03-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Rainy days (on weekends) mean more shop time for me, especially in the spring...when it's not raining, I often get involved in outdoor landscaping work which cuts into the shop time!

Russ Filtz
03-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Better than looking at 90 in March in Florida! I hate sweating when I woodwork.

Larry Fox
03-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Rainy days (on weekends) mean more shop time for me, especially in the spring...when it's not raining, I often get involved in outdoor landscaping work which cuts into the shop time!

Same here. Snow is even better for shop time.

alex grams
03-18-2008, 11:33 AM
I know your pain Russ. Houston in the summer with a west exposure garage door is an equation for a sauna in my garage.

Matt Day
03-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Just about the only time I work in the shop is when it's raining in the spring or cold & snowing in the winter! It's hard for me to be cooped up inside when it's beautiful outside and I could be cycling or running or motorcycling. But, I just try to manage my time and be able to spend some time in the shop in the morning and evening when I can.

Ben Cadotte
03-18-2008, 12:28 PM
We have had heavy snow, warm weather, heavy snow, warm weather, rain, etc all winter.

I have 2" of ice in my small garage due to the last melt and then refreeze. Been running a heater in there for 2 days now. Have about 1/4 of the ice out. Wife told me about it when I was gone. Got home thinking it was just by the door. Whole floor was covered. Everything on the floor frozen in. :mad: Only really use it in the warm months for her gardening stuff. No real disaster. Just quite a few things were in cardboard so big mess from wet boxes, once I that out the whole floor.

Brian Penning
03-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Rain?? What is rain?

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/Bri68/Miscilaneous/IMG_3279.jpg?t=1205858227