PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly tool sales or rebates

Bob Rufener
03-18-2008, 7:49 AM
I am wondering if anyone knows if Grizzly has certain times during the year when they offer discounts on their tools or rebates. It's always nice to get money off of the asking price. I know that they have scratch and dent sales but those are way to far away for me. I'm in the market for a cabinet saw and this is one of my choices. I'm not in a hurry so I can wait for a better deal than current asking price. Thanks.

Grant Lasson
03-18-2008, 9:29 AM
Bob,

Grizzly usually has a summer sale. It ends at the end of September. Discounts aren't huge but their prices are already relatively low. One caution: commodity prices and shipping costs are sky rocketing. Right now, waiting may not be the best strategy. If you can find one listed, eBay may also be a good place to buy Grizzly. I'd also try your local Craigslist. I see lightly used 1023s quite often.

alex grams
03-18-2008, 9:40 AM
I am happy that someone has seen some used good tools on Craigslist, I don't think i have seen any grizzly tools (outside of dust collectors) listed on Houston Craigslist for a long time.

Dallas and Austin seem to have stuff sporadically, but Houston is like a desert when it comes to people selling any non-borg used tools :( Though I think everyone and their brother is trying to sell a shop-smith around here.

Pat Germain
03-18-2008, 2:34 PM
^^ Same situation in Colorado, Alex. I've recently seen some PM cabinet saws and a few Unisaws in Denver. Otherwise it's, Craftsman, Craftsman, Craftsman, ShopSmith!, Craftsman, Craftsman, Craftsman, Shopsmith!. And they're not even the decent Craftsman tools. Just a bunch of old, overpriced contractor saws and tiny benchtop tools.

I guess a lot of people buy tiny tools, figure out they can't do what Norm does, then put them on craigslist. I know a lot of people like their ShopSmith machines, but with so many used examples on the market, why would anyone ever buy a new ShopSmith?

Dave MacArthur
03-19-2008, 3:40 AM
Gahhh.. I have the opposite! there are 4 Unisaws on Phoenix CL right now, all smoking deals, $850-$1500. I am about to buy a third saw to sit in the garage just because I can't stand passing up such good deals!

Randy Davidson
03-19-2008, 7:26 AM
They also have some pretty good prices around the holidays. There were some killer deals on table saws this past year.