PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Riser Kit, Left Blade Guard...NEVER MIND-FIXED

Lance Norris
03-17-2008, 4:47 PM
I recently installed a Grizzly riser kit on my Ridgid bandsaw. All is well and I am really happy with the performance of the saw, with the riser, and cost savings, of the Grizzly kit over the Ridgid kit($100 savings). What I dont like is the left blade guard, the one by the power switch. It is solid, meaning you have to remove it when changing blades. The short one that originally came on this saw, was the same design. I cut the side of it out, so you could change blades without removing it. I have seen the long replacements with a slot cut in the front to allow the blade to pass through. I think its the Delta riser kit.

Can someone show me a picture of the back side of a guard like this so I can see how its designed. Should I just cut out the side like I did with the original one? I cant find a seperate part number for the Delta guard on servicenet, so it looks like I wont be able to buy just the guard. What would you do?

dustin sellinger
03-17-2008, 4:50 PM
On my riser kit (g0555) the guard is open to the front. The blade just lifts out. The guard is just deep enough to bury the blade so you would have to stick your finger in the slot to get cut.

http://grizzly.com/images/manuals/h3051_m.pdf
look at figure 2.

Lance Norris
03-17-2008, 5:29 PM
Dustin... thats the kit I bought, H3051, but the left guard is closed to the front. There is no slot. Can you remove it and take a picture of the back side? If I cut a slot in the front to allow the blade to pass through, it will fall into 2 pieces. There has to be something on the back side that connects the 2 sides together.

Jason Beam
03-17-2008, 5:35 PM
I'm not at all trying to be facetious here, but are you sure you have it installed correctly? Can't you just turn it around and mount the solid side "back-first"?

dustin sellinger
03-17-2008, 5:35 PM
Is it possible that you just have it in backwards? Can you flip it so the slot is to the front? When I get home (3hrs) I'll take a few pics of how mine is setup, and attached.

Lance Norris
03-17-2008, 5:37 PM
Gawd... I never thought of that :o Could very well be. ILL be right back. (sound of basement door slaming)

Lance Norris
03-17-2008, 5:49 PM
You guys are so smart. I used to think I was smart :o(embarrassed). That was it. Thanks