PDA

View Full Version : Soccer tourney participation awards

William Johanson
03-17-2008, 1:10 PM
I have an opportunity to quote awards for a large soccer tournament in my area. I am not usually into trophies and such but I have decided to give it a shot. I have figured out some options for the larger awards (1st and 2nd place) but another thing they need is a small participation award that each player will recieve. I will need approx 1000 of these. The problem is they only have $1.50 budgeted for this "award". I guess last year they gave each child a small bag silk screened with the tourney date and info. They would like to go a different way but I am having trouble thinking of anything I could put together that cheap and still make a profit without it being a total piece of %$%$. They were thinking of some type of a soccer related zipper pull but were not set on anything. I have 2 laser engravers (pinnacle m25 and m40) but no other engraving equipment. I also have a fully stocked woodshop. Any Ideas out there?

Lisa Matthews
03-17-2008, 1:21 PM
If you want to stick with their zipper pull idea, You could cut them out of acrylic....maybe do a soccer ball with the tournament date and info encircling that. If you make them only 1.5" or so in diameter...you could get several out of a sheet of acrylic....cut the "hole" for the metal pull at the same time you cut them out....add small lanyard type hook....and you're set.

Others will have different ideas...but I think the above idea could be made for "pennies" and you are working the idea they've already given you.

Keep us posted on what end up doing, and Good Luck!

Lisa

Jack Harper
03-17-2008, 2:42 PM
What about using a colored acrylic and laser image both sides? This would allow for larger text and image.

Joe Chritz
03-17-2008, 3:55 PM
Here is something that I have on the shelf. Not sure about time/cost since I didn't do this. The picture is just taped on the back.

Joe

Brad Knight
03-17-2008, 5:02 PM
May look at chewbarka dog tags??? 1000 tags w/ chains should be +/- $600 - Which would leave $900 or so left.

Mike Null
03-17-2008, 5:03 PM
I've done bag tags for swim teams in the past. Used plastic loops for straps and team logos and names.

mike klein
03-17-2008, 6:59 PM
The chewbarka dog tags would be my option. Very inexpensive and engraves
a nice bright white. Just don't use silver, although I have found that the silver
tags work excellent for doing color laser transfers on.

William Johanson
03-17-2008, 7:24 PM
Thanks for all of the ideas, Keep them coming.

Todd Schwartz
03-17-2008, 10:55 PM
William, my two cents. As a father and coach of three soccer players and attending/coaching many, many tournaments, the last thing these kids want or need is something for their shelves. My suggestion is to follow the advice given so far and go either a zipper pull or a baggage type tag for the soccer bags. Tournament logo and info on one side and room to put either their name or number on the other side. Will be great advertising for the tournament and is very practical when you have a stray bag sitting around after practice and trying to find out who left it :)

Think Chewbarka even has soccer ball dog tags that are laserable.

Good luck.

Todd

PS - just noticed you are in St Paul - which tournament? Chances are we attended at some time in my career.