PDA

View Full Version : Performax 22-44PRO used?

jason lambert
03-17-2008, 10:49 AM
I found a Performax 22-44PRO used they are asking 1075 for the machine. I googled it and can't find much infor on it and I don't know the difference between the pro and non pro. I am a hobbiest this seems a bit high the guy clames it was over 2k when new. Is this a good buy. I know the machine is good how come there is not much about it on the web? Am I just searching wrong.

Mark Engel
03-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Here is a place that sells both the 22-44 and the 22-44 Pro.

http://www.southern-tool.com/store/performax_sanders.html

Mark Engel
03-17-2008, 11:03 AM
By the way. where are you located? You seem to be finding quite a few pretty good deals lately. I really like good deals. :D

jason lambert
03-17-2008, 1:22 PM
I am in Summit NJ. I am a IT person and also build web sites for some contractors and some tool suppliers so I tend to find out about used stuff. Haven’t’ been able to buy a used saw stop though. I decided this was a fair price for this so I am going for it. Thanks for the input.

Mark Engel
03-17-2008, 1:38 PM
Shoot. Summit, NJ would be a really long drive for me. :)

As far as finding a used SawStop, I doubt you ever will. That is one tool that most purchasers put in the lifetime investment category.

Good luck with the Performax, I'm sure it will be welcome addition to your shop.

Peter Quinn
03-17-2008, 9:39 PM
I have the 22-44 pro, fine machine. Sets up accurately, fully adjustable table/head allignment. Make sure you have the space as the foot print is sort of large for this type of machine. I paid $2200 with casters and extension tables. If I could get one for $1K I'd jump on it, and I am close to NJ, but I already have one!

IIR the pro has more weight, a more stable base system and the table moves up and down vrs the head, making it slightly more accurate. The drum on the pro is hung over the table from a very rigid iron truss system making it more stable under load. Its basically a jacked up version of the plus. I seem to recall the pressure rollers being better on the pro than the plus but can't confirm that.

Its a serious sander if you are in the market for one and thats a very fair price if its condition is good.