PDA

View Full Version : Need help Jet Xacta Base HTC will not fit

Shane Sura
03-16-2008, 6:25 PM
So I have a brand new Jet Xacta Deluxe 3ph 50 inch rip saw. I have had it since February and it is still sitting on the crate. I have been finishing my masters and it was a nice present in the end. I also ordered the HTC HRS-10G base. Before I ordered the base I did a lot of research and check with the fine folks on this site and decided on that base. Well I get ready to put the saw on the base today and I figured I Would do a quick measurement check to be sure. The Jet Deluxe Xacta measures 23x21 and the base is 21x21. Am I missing something here? Lots of people here said they used that same base. When I checked with HTC that was the recommended base? Is there some way to magically reduce the size? I am really hosed as I bought this from Amazon and will have to pay to ship it back (as big as it is probably 30 dollars shipping). Does anyone have some advice? I will take anything at this point.

Shane

Robert Brownell
03-17-2008, 12:05 AM
The only advice I'd have is to be sure you read carefully - I am learning that the Deluxe model is all around bigger that the Xacta Saw... As you are finding out, the foot print is bigger (almost forcing you to use the jet base). I also found out the hard way that the throat plates are larger on the deluxe as well - if you are planning on using a dado blade you might want to start looking for the insert now. I have found the item number (708097) but can't find anyone who sells it...
Maybe yo can use the base for a future item (jointer, planer, bandsaw...) Good Luck.

Eric Haycraft
03-17-2008, 12:32 AM
The only advice I'd have is to be sure you read carefully - I am learning that the Deluxe model is all around bigger that the Xacta Saw... As you are finding out, the foot print is bigger (almost forcing you to use the jet base). I also found out the hard way that the throat plates are larger on the deluxe as well - if you are planning on using a dado blade you might want to start looking for the insert now. I have found the item number (708097) but can't find anyone who sells it...
Maybe yo can use the base for a future item (jointer, planer, bandsaw...) Good Luck.

Call these guys. It isn't on the website, but I am sure they can get it for you.

http://www.osolnikmachinery.com/index.asp

Eric