PDA

View Full Version : Oneida Portable DC

Vince Shriver
03-16-2008, 6:06 PM
I just got a sweet deal on an DJ-20 & 15" planer. So now I'm looking for alternative dust collection to my face mask. My work shop is a garage attached to the house I rent, so I don't especially want to run ducting all over walls (fussy landlord and all). A new subpanel is another issue. Anyway, I found the Oneida portable 2.5 hp d/c. Has anyone seen or used this baby? - looks like just the ticket for me. (www.oneida-air.com/portable.php (http://www.oneida-air.com/portable.php)).

PART II: I seem to be heading down a slippery slop of acquiring machinery. I just got my dado blades dialed in (shimming and un-shimming the blades to fit perfectly), and the thought occurred to me that if I upgrade to a cabinet saw I could use my trusty ole Delt Contractor as a dedicated dado saw. Anyone out there do this? Just curious.

Dave Verstraete
03-17-2008, 9:16 PM
Vince
I recently purchased the portable Oneida. I think it is just the right machine for me. (In a basement with low ceilings) It has plenty of suction and I didn't want to run a lot of pipe around the room. Previously I had a small Shopsmith unit. (1/2 hp). I have a 5" to 4" reducer on the end of its' 15 foot of 5" flex hose. It works great for me.

Jim Becker
03-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Bob Marino also has the Oneida portable and has spoken highly of it. Given my positive experiences with the company, I have no doubt it's a well designed, well made product that does what they say it will do.