PDA

View Full Version : Walnut Display Stand

Dick Parr
03-19-2004, 8:17 PM
Didn’t make any stoppers today but I finished up my walnut stopper display stand. Got tired of laying the stoppers on the bed to take pictures of them. I’m not real happy with how it turned out but then again I didn’t spend much time (maybe 5 min. :( ) in the planning stage. I will work on some better ones for the future, but for now I can stand them up.

Thanks for looking Dick

Kent Cori
03-19-2004, 9:37 PM
Dick,

I think it looks great. You should patent that baby!

John Miliunas
03-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Looks good from here, Dick! Nifty little design. I like it! :cool:

Wolf Kiessling
03-20-2004, 9:34 AM
Didn’t make any stoppers today but I finished up my walnut stopper display stand. Got tired of laying the stoppers on the bed to take pictures of them. I’m not real happy with how it turned out but then again I didn’t spend much time (maybe 5 min. :( ) in the planning stage. I will work on some better ones for the future, but for now I can stand them up.

Thanks for looking Dick

Looks to me like that was 5 minutes well spent, Dick. I like it.

Tyler Howell
03-20-2004, 9:41 AM
Now fill it up buddy! Too Nice.:D

Dennis Peacock
03-20-2004, 9:57 AM
Smart idea!!! I like it!!!!

John M. Cioffi
03-20-2004, 10:21 AM
Hey, Great idea, Dick!
Put one inbetween the center on both sides & a row across the front base;& fill it out. Great looking stoppers.
I need to find the time to do some.
Thanks for sharing.

John

Dick Parr
03-20-2004, 2:54 PM
Thanks for the nice words everyone. That was a piece of walnut that a guy gave me to cut up for blanks but it was an inch thick and I already have a bunch of walnut pen blanks so I flatened it out on the jointer, I got a pencil and a straight edge and started marking it up. And thats what I ended up with.

John, I was going to do that but the chrome stoppers are too long and would go through the 1" walnut and fall over. So I thought I would wait until I get some cork stoppers made and then drill the holes to fit them. That is a lot of wasted space. :(

Thank again everyone.

Greg Tatum
03-20-2004, 3:17 PM
"John, I was going to do that but the chrome stoppers are too long and would go through the 1" walnut and fall over. So I thought I would wait until I get some cork stoppers made and then drill the holes to fit them. That is a lot of wasted space. :( "

I like the design...you could do one with feet to accomodate long stoppers.....Maybe even use stoppers themselves as the feet...cork or chrome...could work :D

Greg

Dick Parr
03-20-2004, 3:36 PM
Greg now you had to go and get me thinking about something else. :rolleyes: I like it. :D I have the cork for the stoppers, just not the dowels yet. I will take a look at what the cork would like as feet and will post in a few. :)

Dick Parr
03-20-2004, 3:58 PM
Nope, Don't Like! :( I will look at what kind of chrome legs I can find, unless I make the cork stoppers first. :D

Greg Tatum
03-20-2004, 9:21 PM
Nope, Don't Like! :( I will look at what kind of chrome legs I can find, unless I make the cork stoppers first. :D

I agree...D/C the cork....still like the stand though :)

Greg

Chris Padilla
03-21-2004, 3:03 AM
Slick holder, Dick! I like it. I think due to the metal on the stoppers, the display holder should also have small metal legs. Maybe some chromed silver balls or something? Look for jewelry box feet...Rockler has some stuff that might work.

James Sweeney
01-18-2008, 10:07 PM
I love the finish. I have never seen such a beautiful finish on walnut. What did you use?