PDA

View Full Version : Exotic wood supplier

Angus Hines
03-15-2008, 6:04 PM
Ok I know there are many here on SMC but I need this type (see pic) wood in sheets the larger the better at least 1/4" thick.

George M. Perzel
03-15-2008, 6:55 PM
Hi Angus;
These are all man made woods-usually found in pen blank sizes or a little bigger- never have seen it in sheets.
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Angus Hines
03-15-2008, 7:02 PM
That seems to be what I'm finding. However I did find a guy in Philly at the Billiard expo this week that is selling this stuff in 2.5 X 2.5 X 28-32" peices.
But, unfortunately I didn't get a chance to talk with him.

His product is called WildWoods and his name is Jim I think. I "google-d" but no luck.

Doug Griffith
03-15-2008, 7:48 PM
I did a little Googling for you and found the below:

P. O. Box 104, Monclova, OH 43542. TEL: ###-###-####. Color Impregnated Solid Wood.

and then if you Google the phone number you get:
James Fray

Could be him.

Cheers

Doug Griffith
03-15-2008, 7:59 PM
I also found information that his lady's name is Sandy and Googling her I found that her phone number is the same as his and her website is:
www.scrimshawbysandrabrady.com

You can probably contact him by emailing her. Its better than just cold calling someone on a guess.

Cheers

Angus Hines
03-16-2008, 9:29 AM
Thanks Doug I'll check it out. LOL When I google-d all I got was info on Wildwood, NJ.

Garry McKinney
03-17-2008, 8:16 AM
Make your search to include , impregnated wood. It is a combination of plastic combined with natural woods for stablization. It is expensive but it does come in sheets, if I remember a set of sample sheets are $130.00 these were 1/8 thick , and an average board ft, was about 75.00+

This is one site
http://ajh-knives.com/stabwood.html

Garry