PDA

View Full Version : Delta vs Steel City vs Craftsman Dust Collectors

Dave Mower
03-15-2008, 1:04 PM
I've been researching dust collection for quite some time now and I'd like to thank all those who post with their knowledge and experience. If money were no object I would go for a dedicated cyclone system but for now I'm limited to a single stage unit.

From what I can see, the 1 1/2 hp units from these companies are all the same machine. The paint jobs are slightly different shades of grey and they offer different bags but otherwise seem to be identical. Can anyone confirm if these are the same machines?

Sears has theirs on sale now for $239 which seems like a pretty good price. This unit only has 30 micron bags but I plan to upgrade to a Wynn filter and plastic lower anyway. This seems like a reasonable setup for about $350. I have a very small shop and plan to hook it up directly to one machine at a time using 6" duct. Any comments on this setup would be greatly appreciated. One concern I have is whether the cartridge filters on these clog a lot and require lots of cleaning. Thanks in advance.