PDA

View Full Version : Own a Table Saw? Read This

Keith Outten
03-15-2008, 6:48 AM
Just a little teaser for you guys and gals who own a table saw. Recently Chris Brown contacted me concerning connecting with our Members here, his company provides a long list of services for table saw owners like custom cast iron extension wings all the way to total rebuilds customized to your specifications and colors. They can even manufacture a custom 24" cast extension wing with a router lift installed and ready to go. They specialize in Delta and Powermatic saws but they can service just about any saw you own if you can provide the dimensions necessary or ship your old parts to them to be repaired or replaced.

These guys have a very solid company with some impressive connections, but I won't give away any of their secrets just yet :)

I hope they will host a Manufacturers Forum here at The Creek, they would be an excellent source of information and service to our Community.

A couple of pictures to wet your appetite:

Bill Borchardt
03-15-2008, 6:57 AM
Thanks for the good info.

I don't have a need today but this is the kind of info you write down and put in the "Woodworking" or "Power Tools" file(s) for later use.

Make Sawdust, Have Fun, Be Safe . . .

Billbo
Smyrna GA

Matt Ocel
03-15-2008, 8:18 AM
What, A 24" cast extension wing with a router lift installed and ready to go, for my PM2000 - I'll take one!!!!!!!!!!!!

jude samson
03-15-2008, 8:32 AM
Do they have a website?
Where are they located?

Jude

Loren Hedahl
03-15-2008, 8:46 AM
I love that burgundy and silver Powermatic!

Matt Ocel
03-15-2008, 9:13 AM
Burgandy and Silver. No way dogg! Keep the classics classic.

Eric Haycraft
03-15-2008, 10:37 AM
That one is actually a PM2066, which is a custom build PM2000 with choice of colors, tables, etc directly from powermatic. As an option the PM2066 has a 50" rail with full CI extension wing. Not sure why that pic was posted regarding custom built extensions when that one comes from PM directly.. something smells fishy.

glenn bradley
03-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Hmmm. Looks a lot like the Wood Werks Supply (http://www.woodwerks.com/) version out of Columbus, OH:

John Revilla
03-15-2008, 11:01 AM
If they can build a cast iron extension with router table for my Delta contractor saw, I'll be very interested. Godspeed.

Eric Haycraft
03-15-2008, 12:03 PM
That's because it is. Actually, both pics are. The pm2066 has that larger name plate for customization so I am 100% sure that is a pm2066. Either this guy is the supplier for PM's castings, or something is fishy.

Don Bullock
03-15-2008, 8:35 PM
Just a little teaser for you guys and gals who own a table saw. ...They can even manufacture a custom 24" cast extension wing with a router lift installed and ready to go. They specialize in Delta and Powermatic saws ...

I'd love something like that to add to my SawStop.:eek::D

Randal Stevenson
03-15-2008, 8:42 PM
This should make a lot of people happy with the Woodpeck router lifts!

Karl Brogger
03-15-2008, 8:53 PM
We better get a rapper in here: "Pimp My Tablesaw"

The red and gray is pretty darn sharp looking though.

SCOTT ANDREWS
03-15-2008, 9:37 PM
We better get a rapper in here: "Pimp My Tablesaw"

The red and gray is pretty darn sharp looking though.

Sure looks better than the mustard doo yellow.

Keith Outten
03-15-2008, 11:43 PM
That's because it is. Actually, both pics are. The pm2066 has that larger name plate for customization so I am 100% sure that is a pm2066. Either this guy is the supplier for PM's castings, or something is fishy.

Eric,

Chris's company does in fact make the table saw tops and ext wings for the 66 Powermatic and the Delta Unisaw. They are now offering custom builds and other services such as cast iron wings setup for routers. One of the nice features is the custom nameplate they offer with your name incorporated.

I spoke on the phone with Chris for a very long period of time awhile back. His company is offering a long list of custom machining services that I didn't know existed.

Anyone who wants to communicate with Chris your in luck, he is a Member here, you can send him a Private Message. Once again The Creek hooks you up with the owner of a company providing services you may very well have overlooked.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?u=6809

Butch Spears
03-16-2008, 7:04 AM
Scott, now don't start bad mouthing that Mustard Color, it is a Great piece of equipment that a lot of us own and cherish.:D Butch Spears

Jeff Raymond
03-16-2008, 7:16 AM
It'd be pretty nifty to replace the stock laminate that Delta supplies; especially if it can accomodate the Biesemeyer fence.

Nice posting!

Lewis Cobb
03-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Has anyone seen one of these PM2000s with the cast iron extension table and that massive leg assy that is attached to it? I'm wondering what happens when one cranks the wheels down to move the saw - that looks like a terrific amount of weight that is reefing on the fence angles that hold the stock extension and legs up in the air on the standard PM2000.

Matt Meiser
03-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Could be who Woodwerks is using to do the custom saws? I don't know, but those custom PMs are pretty in person. The paint jobs were definitely not your standard assembly line power tool paint. If you've seen a Sawstop in person, imagine a step up from that appearance wise--and the Sawstop is a very nice looking machine.

Matt Ocel
03-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Gold Baby!!!
Setting the standards Since 1921.

Louis Rucci
03-16-2008, 12:57 PM
I hope I don't get in trouble for this. Please take it as astonishment.

For those of you who know the Latino comedian Gabriel Iglesias.

My respose is "Dammmmnnnnnn".

Pat Germain
03-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Well, if you really want a classic Powermatic color, you'd have to go with aquamarine. I don't know when PM switched to mustard yellow, but I've seen multiple, classic PM tools with a factory aquamarine paint job.

Personally, I think that red and silver scheme rocks! It reminds me of a '57 Chevy. ;)

Carl Fox
03-16-2008, 11:24 PM
Cast iron is nice, but my next saw is gonna have granite!

http://blogs.popularwoodworking.com/editorsblog/Exclusive+Steel+City+Will+Rock+Your+World.aspx

http://blogs.popularwoodworking.com/editorsblog/content/binary/SteelCitySaw.jpg

Keith Outten
04-12-2008, 9:52 AM
I have been talking to Chris for some time and his company is in the process of making a 24" extension wing for my table saw that includes a router lift. The truth is I don't use my table saw much anymore but it would see more service with a very high quality router accessory that I can use for close tolerance work. My Beis fence and the Incra Ultra fixture that hangs on the wall would both be more useful with a first class routing surface to work from.

Here are three pictures that Chris sent me of my extension wing in progress. The wing is being custom made to fit my Grizzly 1023 table saw and matched to fit the rails on my Beis fence.

Michael Boyle
04-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Looks to me like Powermatic has made a saw for an Ohio State fan. The paint scheme is Scarlet and Grey and Wood Werks is in Columbus, looks like a true Buckeye Table Saw to me.

Jim Thiel
04-12-2008, 11:03 AM
...looks like a true Buckeye Table Saw to me.

That a Buckeye could use tools at all is amaizeing.

Jim

Matt Ocel
04-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Keith -

I showed those pics to my PM2000, and now she's not speaking to me until I get her one! lol :)

But seriosly "when"?

Michael Boyle
04-12-2008, 12:18 PM
OH NO - The Wolverines are reading this post. Twenty Five years working at Ohio State have kind of made me a Buckeye fan, but I bet that saw would look good in Maize and Blue as well.

Jim Thiel
04-12-2008, 12:45 PM
...The Wolverines are reading this post...

We read, we use tools. Now if we could win a football game...

Jim

Michael Boyle
04-12-2008, 1:14 PM
Let's face it, at least you showed up for your bowl game that is more than we can say -- unfortunately:-( I have the feeling with that new spread offense you will be running in Ann Arbor things are going to get very interesting in the next few years. It will probably take a couple seasons to get everything in place, but I think Michigan has a lot to look forward to...

Rick Gifford
04-12-2008, 2:37 PM
What kind of cost?

Obviously choice and design would affect the price, but what range are we looking at for the cast iron extensions?

Keith Outten
04-12-2008, 3:07 PM
I don't want to post cost information for Chris's company but he will have a Manufacturers Forum here real soon and you can ask him. If your in a hurry you can send him a Private Message and request a quote from this link.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?u=6809

Dave Bureau
05-21-2008, 8:47 AM
Is there any update on these extentions? Looking for one for a sawstop.
Dave