PDA

View Full Version : Rail and stile bit set followup

Tony Sade
03-19-2004, 4:08 PM
A while back, Dennis Peacock started a thread about the frustration he was having getting a Jesade R&S bit set to line up. I posted about my problems with my CMT set , mentioning that the vendor, Cheyenne Sales, insisted that I return the set to them so they could forward it on to CMT for inspection. (I've reposted the picture of the joint-some gap, eh?) Some who responded thought that Cheyenne should just take care of the problem.

I just wanted to let folks know that I just received a new set of bits today, forwarded by Cheyenne, but presumably provided by CMT. I guess their QC must have failed them in the case of this set, but I'm happy with the result. I probably should reserve judgment until I actually run some pieces with the new bits, but I'm guessing they'll be ok.

Cheers!

Tony Sade
03-20-2004, 10:07 AM
Couldn't stand the big "0" in the number of replies field, so I'm replying to myself. Actually, with a 16 year old, I'm getting used to doing that anyway.

John M. Cioffi
03-20-2004, 10:16 AM
Hi Tony,
I know what you mean.
I've been waiting until I know for sure,what set to buy;so that I only do it once.
Glad to hear that they are attempting to make it right.
Hope this set proves to be a big plus for you.
Happy Routing....

John

Jim Becker
03-20-2004, 10:47 AM
Couldn't stand the big "0" in the number of replies field, so I'm replying to myself. Actually, with a 16 year old, I'm getting used to doing that anyway.
Isn't it funny how things haven't changed since we were all that age...at least according to our parents...:D

As to the original point of this thread, I'm really glad they replaced the cutters as that gap is obviously something not right with them. The profile is perfect...but the gap is enormous. You lose the whole strength of this kind of joint if they don't mate cleanly.

Bruce Page
03-20-2004, 8:11 PM
Hey Tony! I missed the first thread so I’m glad that you brought it back up. I bet the second set will be fine, I cannot imagine that CMT would make that big of a screw-up twice in a row.

So when did you move to Charleston?

Tony Sade
03-21-2004, 3:21 PM
I've lived in Charleston since 1985. I know I mentioned a trip to Santa Fe during one of our email exchanges-is that where you thought I lived? Sorry, I'm still chuckling. ;>) I like your new avatar-makes you look more . . .like a CIA agent or something. ;>), again. Cheers,

Bruce Page
03-21-2004, 6:01 PM
I've lived in Charleston since 1985. I know I mentioned a trip to Santa Fe during one of our email exchanges-is that where you thought I lived? Sorry, I'm still chuckling. ;>) I like your new avatar-makes you look more . . .like a CIA agent or something. ;>), again. Cheers,

Now I’ll have to change my avatar again! ;)

For some reason I thought you lived in the Chicagoland area – not the first brain-fart that I have ever had. :confused: