PDA

View Full Version : What Happened?

Bill Grumbine
03-07-2003, 4:15 PM
Where did the Jet vs Oneway thread go? I check in here and it has vanished. Anyone have any answers or ideas?

Bill

Lee Schierer
03-07-2003, 4:28 PM
Didn't see it sorry! Do you still have snow??? We do!

Steve Schoene
03-07-2003, 4:31 PM
It just disappeared. Perhaps some posts were considered potentially actionable.

Jay Kilpatrick
03-07-2003, 4:50 PM
I think a similar thread to the one you are looking for is on the woodcentral turning forum.

Cheers!
~Jay

Bill Grumbine
03-07-2003, 5:04 PM
Originally posted by Lee Schierer
Didn't see it sorry! Do you still have snow??? We do!

Hi Lee. Is it still snowing? No. Do we still have snow? Lots. The thread was two pages worth.

Bill

Bill Grumbine
03-07-2003, 5:06 PM
Originally posted by Jay Kilpatrick
I think a similar thread to the one you are looking for is on the woodcentral turning forum.

Cheers!
~Jay

Hi Jay

I know all about that thread. I'm asking what happened to this thread . There were two pages of spirited, but polite discussion which have just disappeared, and I would like to know how and why.

Bill

Bob Oswin
03-07-2003, 7:42 PM
I would like to see it too, just to reinforce my thinking about what a democracy is and whether you should support one if there is one.

You have asked a fair question Bill Gumbine.
I hope you get a fair answer.

bob

Dave Anderson
03-07-2003, 7:47 PM
Hey Mr. Bill,

I saw it too but didn't have time to read any of it. When I came back later I couldn't find it.

Thought Police, maybe? But, I doubt it since the "Creek Police" are much more lenient than our former keeper was.

Personally, I love this kind of stuff. One can learn a lot in a thread like that.

I hope the Admins find it and restore it for viewing :)

Diane Maluso
03-07-2003, 8:06 PM
I hope the thread can be restored. I found it to be very interesting. The comments were thoughtful, provocative, and about turning. I was a happy camper.

At the very least, I'm hoping for an explanation of what happened to it.

W.C. Turner
03-07-2003, 8:33 PM
I'm like Jay, I saw the WoodCentral thread, but not this one. Mike in another thread asked the same question, so I also thought he was on the wrong board.:o

W.C. Turner
03-07-2003, 8:37 PM
Ok, everybody, all at once,

Where is the thread?

Where is the thread?

Where is the thread?

Really, I'd like to see it also.

Joe Suelter
03-07-2003, 10:21 PM
It was here last night when I logged off. If it has gone away, perhaps we could get some of the other "sticky" threads to disappear as well!:rolleyes:

Richard Allen
03-07-2003, 10:44 PM
Hi All

Sorry for the mystery. I deleted the thread. I was editing my post and the next thing I knew I had deleted the thread. I feel dumb about it but it wasn't any thought police.

I guess I should pay more attention to what I am doing when I do with this new fangeled stuff but work got in the way and I had decided I didn't want to change my edit so I deleted it but that deleted my original post and the whole thread.

I was hoping that no one would notice and I could slip away back into lurk mode. No such luck.

For my part I was a lot less offended by Jet after reading all the many posts than when I started the thread.

Please accept my apologies for my transgression and hiding after I made the mistake,

Richard

Aaron Koehl
03-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Hey all!

<b>Don't worry-- we didn't delete it!</b> The thread was deleted
by the thread starter.

It turns out that Registered Members have the ability to delete
an entire thread by deleting their first post (if they started the
thread).

I've since turned this feature off to prevent any related mishaps
in the future. So, users cannot delete their own threads by
deleting the first post.

As far as the content of the thread was concerned, we only
get involved if the post is reported to the moderators
two or more times.

Regards,

_Aaron_

Howard Barlow
03-07-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Richard Allen
Hi All

Sorry for the mystery. I deleted the thread. I was editing my post and the next thing I knew I had deleted the thread. I feel dumb about it but it wasn't any thought police.

I guess I should pay more attention to what I am doing when I do with this new fangeled stuff but work got in the way and I had decided I didn't want to change my edit so I deleted it but that deleted my original post and the whole thread.

I was hoping that no one would notice and I could slip away back into lurk mode. No such luck.

For my part I was a lot less offended by Jet after reading all the many posts than when I started the thread.

Please accept my apologies for my transgression and hiding after I made the mistake,

Richard

No good deed goes unpunished.:D

Joe Suelter
03-08-2003, 9:32 AM
We all make mistakes, Richard. Don't sweat it! :rolleyes:

Jason Roehl
03-08-2003, 11:04 AM
I ended up sending a PM to Aaron about it because I had noticed my post count had dropped. He only told me that a thread had been deleted by the original poster. Now I know which thread it was. As they say in my friend's Nat'l Guard unit: "Excrement occurs."

Jason

Dave Hammelef
03-08-2003, 11:16 AM
I Restarted the thread so now all the posters just have to respond again.