PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid BS14002 Riser Kit

Lance Norris
03-13-2008, 9:41 PM
I wanted a riser kit for my Ridgid BS14002. Some people said the kit from Grizzly would work, but there are 2 kits. I couldnt find a definite answer, so I asked here, for some dimensions from Grizzly owners, and today, I installed the correct riser kit on my Ridgid BS14002. Its Grizzly H3051. No modifications, perfect bolt in. No tracking problems, no grinding of the alignment pins, unbolt arm, drop in block, re-bolt. The only thing, the block is green. The Ridgid kit is $160. The Grizzly kit is $60. I guess I could buy some silver paint with the money I saved.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/H3051

Bill Huber
03-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Looks really good......

I think the Ridgid, Jet, Delta, Grizzly all use the same casting for the 14 inch bandsaw. At lest when you look at the different saws they look just alike.

So now you can clear how much wood under the guide?

Lance Norris
03-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Bill, I have read that sometimes the locator pins arent in the correct places. This leads to coplaner and tracking problems. Also in the other Grizzly kit, the upper guide post is smaller in diameter, I believe. I have a Carter Bandsaw Stabilizer on this saw because I plan on only using an 1/8" blade, and it hangs down a little more than the stock guides, but cutting height with this guide is 11-1/2"

Bill Huber
03-13-2008, 11:27 PM
Bill, I have read that sometimes the locator pins arent in the correct places. This leads to coplaner and tracking problems. Also in the other Grizzly kit, the upper guide post is smaller in diameter, I believe. I have a Carter Bandsaw Stabilizer on this saw because I plan on only using an 1/8" blade, and it hangs down a little more than the stock guides, but cutting height with this guide is 11-1/2"

I will keep that in mind if I do decide to get a riser.. thanks for that info.

I just got the Jet 14 inch and so far I really like it, I did get a Carter Tension lever for it, that turning the knob all the time was getting to be a drag.
I have heard that the stabilizer is a must have for 1/8 blades, so if I ever go that small I guess I will have to get one. Right now the smallest I have is a 1/4 inch.

Lance Norris
03-13-2008, 11:49 PM
Bill... Jet has a riser for your saw. $80. I would probably pay that. I wasnt paying $160 for the Ridgid kit. With the jet kit, you shouldnt have any alignment problems and it will match the color of your saw. Or if you want to save $20 bucks, you could try the Griz kit, but I would search around here for some info to see if its compatible. I strongly recommend the Bandsaw Stabilizer. If you do hobby work like I do, sooner or later, you are going to make a puzzle or box or something playful that takes a small blade to complete. Remember, if you have Cool Blocks for guides, you can use a small blade. Just bury the blade in the blocks. It wont turn quite as tight, but almost.

http://www.amazon.com/Jet-708717-JRB-14-6-Inch-Riser/dp/B0000223N9/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1205469880&sr=8-1

Bill Huber
03-14-2008, 7:52 AM
Bill... Jet has a riser for your saw. $80. I would probably pay that. I wasnt paying $160 for the Ridgid kit. With the jet kit, you shouldnt have any alignment problems and it will match the color of your saw. Or if you want to save $20 bucks, you could try the Griz kit, but I would search around here for some info to see if its compatible. I strongly recommend the Bandsaw Stabilizer. If you do hobby work like I do, sooner or later, you are going to make a puzzle or box or something playful that takes a small blade to complete. Remember, if you have Cool Blocks for guides, you can use a small blade. Just bury the blade in the blocks. It wont turn quite as tight, but almost.

http://www.amazon.com/Jet-708717-JRB-14-6-Inch-Riser/dp/B0000223N9/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1205469880&sr=8-1

Yes I think when I do it I will get the Jet, thanks for the link. I think it will be awhile though, this is the first time I have ever had a bandsaw and I need to learn to use it and I just ordered 3 blades so I need to use them up first.
I did put Cool Blocks on it right right out of the box and as soon as I get my motor mount made I think I will go to a link belt.

John Gregory
03-14-2008, 8:53 AM
You don't want to order too many blades for your BS, when you get the riser installed the shorter blades will be useless.

Yes I think when I do it I will get the Jet, thanks for the link. I think it will be awhile though, this is the first time I have ever had a bandsaw and I need to learn to use it and I just ordered 3 blades so I need to use them up first.
I did put Cool Blocks on it right right out of the box and as soon as I get my motor mount made I think I will go to a link belt.