PDA

View Full Version : Rigid router kit

Marc Prudhomme
03-13-2008, 6:59 PM
Does anyone have the rigid router kit for 200.00.I am in the market ,I just sold my skill 1 1/2 HP piece of ##@#@ and I have a new router table and it is lonely for a router.I am looking for something that is powerful enough for a table and nice for freehand routing.I guess raising the bit from the top of the router table would be nice to,without the lift kit.
Marc

Erech Myers
03-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Does anyone have the rigid router kit for 200.00.I am in the market ,I just sold my skill 1 1/2 HP piece of ##@#@ and I have a new router table and it is lonely for a router.I am looking for something that is powerful enough for a table and nice for freehand routing.I guess raising the bit from the top of the router table would be nice to,without the lift kit.
Marc

Marc,

I have not used the Rigid, but the reviews I read said it was good with a few flaws. I don't remember the flaws, but they didn't seem to be too major.

I've researched routers a bunch lately and here are my picks...

Table Router = Triton (2 1/4 if you don't need big bits for panels, 3 1/4 if you do need big bits)($199)

Best Overall Combo = Milwaukee Body Grip Combo ($235)

Best Value Combo = Hitachi ($99 see link below)
http://www.toolbarn.com/product/hitachi/KM12VC/

alex grams
03-14-2008, 7:03 AM
I have it and have been pleased with it generally. No major shortcomings and has decent power.

scott spencer
03-14-2008, 7:53 AM
After owning a MW5615 and MW5625, and what I hear from those who own it, I'd go with Erech's suggestion on the Milwaukee kit. Many claim it has a best in class plunge base, and the BodyGrip fixed base has always been terrific.