PDA

View Full Version : Rubberman

FRITZ STOOP
03-13-2008, 12:16 PM
I have a new CU 300 Smart and am attempting to rethink how I build things to accommodate this cool tool.
I am wondering how you turn the thing on when cutting panel goods.
Small pieces I can turn it on after placing the piece on the table and sliding it back away from the blade, but large sheets are problematic. If I put them on the table, I can't reach the button and if I start the saw then wrestle the piece onto the table, the spinning blade is a problem.
Maybe switch extender?
Your thoughts, please.:confused:

Steven Wilson
03-13-2008, 2:23 PM
IIRC someone in the Felder yahoo group, and possibly MiniMax, have created a remote start/stop station that you can attach to your slider. Definately not code but solves the problem you're having. I have the same problem on my CU350 with large panels. I tend to place the panel on the sled with the stops flipped up, turn on the saw, pull the sled back (may even lock it back), move the panel into position (stops down), clamp the panel, unlock the sled and make the cut. After the first cut it's generally not a problem.

Jim Becker
03-13-2008, 2:52 PM
I've been having exactly this conversation with Bill Webber relative to my S315WS slider. He's put a remote start/stop on his using an older article by Art Lieberskind that's available, I believe, on the Mini Max user group file area. I'm planning on doing the same since there are times when to start, I have to reach under with a stick, due to clearances in my shop.

Cliff Rohrabacher
03-13-2008, 3:25 PM
Suspend a remote from the ceiling or put one on the end of the slider.