PDA

View Full Version : Table saw pully hits underside of table!?

James Fleming
03-12-2008, 10:09 PM
I recently bought a Craftsman 10" Contractor's Table Saw Model # 113.299315 for $50 in excellent condition. While checking alignment and considering replacing the pullys and belt, I noticed that when the blade is fully raised, the pully on the blade shaft comes in contact with the underside of the table. Should there be a stop which would prevent this or do I just need to check it out each time I want to use it with the blade way up. I was considering replacing the 2 1/2" pullys with 3" but this would limit the height even more. Ideas anyone?

Tom Henderson2
03-12-2008, 10:43 PM
I have a 113.29901 (mid-sixties vintage) saw and encountered that once. Fortunately I was checking the alignment when I found the problem. It woulda made a lot of racket if the motor had been on.

I found that by moving the pully inboard (closer to the blade) the problem went away. So that was my fix; so far so good.

You'll probably have to move the motor the same way to maintain good belt alignment, but that is pretty easy.

I hope that helps... it worked for me, and hopefully it will do the trick for you too.

-Tom H.

James Fleming
03-13-2008, 6:30 AM
Thanks, I'll check that out. I remember the pully being all the way out to the end of the arbor shaft. I am going to install machined pullys so they have to come off anyway.