PDA

View Full Version : Tablesaw Fence guideset

Chris Carpenter
03-12-2008, 9:28 PM
I recently bought a 1983 Powermatic 66 5 hp 3 phase. It came with a Biesemeyer fence, but the fence and guide tube are both pretty banged up. the rails themselves seem to be fine, but I'd like to replace the fence and tube. I've been looking at MikesTools.com ( http://www.mikestools.com/search.aspx?keyword=guideset)
and it looks like he probably has what I need, but he keeps referring to a "guideset".

Does anybody know what he means by guideset ? Is that the rails or is it the rails and the guide tube? maybe it's just the guide tube...

I'd appreciate any additional info anyone might have to offer regarding replacing the fence - alternatives, cost issues etc.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Szczygiel
03-12-2008, 10:36 PM
The guideset or guide rail is the piece of angle iron that is attached to the table top, to which the fence tube is then attached.

Chris Carpenter
03-14-2008, 10:03 PM
As far as mikestools.com goes, the guideset consists of the rails and guide tube. I sent them an email and they responded with this information. I think what I'll do is refurbish the tube (it's only cosmetically damaged) and buy the fence.