PDA

View Full Version : Hello and an offer to locals

Phil St.Germain
03-12-2008, 5:31 PM
Hello Folks,

I have been lurking for a long time and have gained a great deal from all of the tips and advise that are so freely given. How long have I been lurking? Well, Ken wasn't a turner and the inmates were planning against him. One of the best threads on any site I have been to.

Currently I am recovering from shoulder surgery and will be away from the lathe for 8 to 12 more weeks. So hence the offer. I have TONS of Hard, Rock,Red and Silver maple that the towns Line Maintenance crew has nicely donated to me. Plus two more very large trees that I am having taken down at the end of the month. This is more than I could turn in a couple of years and the LOML is not very fond of looking at the log piles. A couple of these logs are 30 inches in diameter.

If anyone local is looking for some free Maple let me know. You would have to load it yourself. I am located in Littleton MA

Thanks

Phil

Ken Fitzgerald
03-12-2008, 7:27 PM
Phil,

Very generouos offer! I wish you lived a whole lot closer!

Greg Cuetara
03-12-2008, 7:35 PM
Phil,
I second Ken's response. Very generous offer. I was just down your way on Monday and won't be back for a little while. Next time I am down your way I will check in to see if you still have too much wood. Is there such a thing as too much wood...lol.

I hope your shoulder recovery goes well in the next few months.
Greg

Phil St.Germain
03-13-2008, 9:35 AM
Greg,

The next time you are headed down this way let me know. The pile next to the driveway was delivered by a 2 1/2 yard town dump truck that was overflowing. Then there are three pick up truck loads in the back yard and I have four more trees coming down on my property. The big maple that is coming down is six feet across at the base and then splits into eight branches.

Plus, I just spied three huge hard maple buts 18+ inches in diameter and 12+ feet long that I am trying to get delivered.

I think I have a problem.

Phil

Glenn Clabo
03-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Hi...My name is Phil and I have a wood hoarding problem.;)

I have this picture of a little house almost covered by a wood pile.:D

Russ Peters
03-13-2008, 2:59 PM
one heck of a log home that is becoming

Dick Strauss
03-14-2008, 1:04 AM
Phil,
You might be a redneck if...your log pile or burn pile is bigger than your house!

Seriously though, it sounds like you may want to make friends with a local sawyer that is willing to work for shares. At least then you'd have lumber for building furniture, etc. You are definitely very generous to offer up your wood stash.

Good luck,
Dick

Don Orr
03-14-2008, 8:08 AM
How far are you from the Albany, NY area ? I could probaly rustle up some turners for a road trip :D.

I just looked it up and you are almost to Boston-kind of far for me. But who knows ?

Phil St.Germain
03-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Don,

PM me in a couple weeks. I would easily be able to FILL a couple of pick up trucks. I might have some Birch and Ash then also.

Phil