PDA

View Full Version : iPhone engraving settings?

Paul Proffitt
03-12-2008, 5:54 AM
Has anyone engraved an iPhone yet? If so would you be willing to share your settings? I have a request to engrave one, but searches here and through Google don't find any hits.

Paul Proffitt
Suwanee, GA
Epilog Legend 24TT 45 watt, Corel X3, Illustrator CS and a shop full of other interesting stuff.

Mike Null
03-12-2008, 5:59 AM
Paul

I used my anodized aluminum settings.

Check out this site.

http://www.ladyada.net/resources/laser/settings.html#ipods

Rags Alan Ragland
03-12-2008, 1:59 PM
I have engraved my phone, laptop computer, etc.
I use sp80--power 25 or< . I have a 75Wmachine.

Peck Sidara
03-12-2008, 2:48 PM
Paul,

We engraved an iPhone as a sample of the month, click on link below for more info:

http://www.epiloglaser.com/sc_iphone.htm

This was engraved on a Mini 35W at 100% S, 40%P at 600DPI. For your 45W, I'd say 90-100%S, 30-40%P @ 600DPI

As Mike had suggested, anodized aluminum settings is a good starting point.

Good Luck!

Garry McKinney
03-12-2008, 2:57 PM
Thanks Mike,

great Information.

Paul Proffitt
03-12-2008, 9:56 PM
Thanks everyone for the settings information and example pictures. Based on the settings it seems most iPhones are raster engraved as opposed to vector engraved. I don't know that it matters much unless a person was doing a lot of them and had vector art that would go faster than rastering. Opinions and suggestions on vectoring solicited and appreciated.

Paul Proffitt
Suwanee, GA
Epilog Legend 24TT 45 watt

Thad Nickoley
03-12-2008, 10:46 PM
if you were to do a photograv file would you use just the cherry setting? I dont have the new photograve.

Peck Sidara
03-13-2008, 8:47 AM
Thad,

If you're looking to do photo's using photograv onto an iPhone, I'd bypass photograv, scan the image in at 300DPI, invert, adjust the brightness/contrast and print using the Stucki settings built into the Epilog laser dashboard. Print at 300 DPI.

I have found that on anodized aluminum and materials like anodized, Photograv isn't needed. The Stucki setting works great!

Try the settings/process on anodized first. As for the new settings, you'll need to download the latest driver from our website.

HTH,