PDA

View Full Version : Wood sources near Savannah, GA?

James K Peterson
03-12-2008, 5:32 AM
I'm looking for some sources near Savannah. I would go as far Charleston, SC or maybe even Jacksonville, FL. Anyone know any sawmills around here?

Thanks
James

Lewis Ehrhardt
03-12-2008, 8:14 AM
what kind of wood are you looking for. There's a supplier in Ladson, SC sells furniture grade lumber.

Maurice Ungaro
03-12-2008, 8:23 AM
James,
There's a place I've been told about called The Charleston Hardwood Center in N.Chas. off of 526. I've tried to find a place in Savannah, to no avail. http://yellowpages.superpages.com/profile~SRC_portals~C_Lumber+Dealers~LID_YzanSpnwn UfBGh6DBLiT%2FQ%3D%3D~attres_true~lbp_1.htm

Hank Knight
03-12-2008, 9:54 AM
Marine Lumber and Supply. LLC at 2060 Hobson Ave, N. Charleston (in the old Navy Yard) has a nice supply of cabinet grade hardwood, some exotics and some fancy and expensive marine plywood. They cater to the boatbuilding crowd so their stuff is good quality. They have a pretty good stock of glues and finishing supplies too. If you want to give them a call their phone number is: (843) 554-2425. Ask for "Cujo." He is the guy that runs the place and he's nice to deal with.

Hank

Richard M. Wolfe
03-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Have you checked the sawmill listings at the Woodweb site? Just go to their site and in the left hand column is a link for sawmills to list their contact information if they want. If you find one fairly close you might call and see if they know of any others around who may not have listings. Sawyers tend to know about other mills in their area - competition and/or common interest.