PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit: Curt Harms and his Jet J/P Combo

Jim Becker
03-11-2008, 8:29 PM
While I was out and about today, I stopped by to visit Curt Harms and see his new Jet J/P combo. The visit was very enjoyable. Curt has a compact, but serious workshop and the J/P was an excellent choice. I was quite impressed with the machine, too. On those design things that Jet did differently from the notable Euro manufacturers, it made perfect sense to help keep the manufacturing cost down and consequently, providing a street price that is approachable by a much larger population than those aforementioned Euro names. The quality that I could see was right in line with my previous experience with Jet. Definitely worthy of your consideration if you're interested in a 12" J/P combo that is comparable in cost to a decent 8" jointer and 15" planer as separates.

Erech Myers
03-11-2008, 10:05 PM
While I was out and about today, I stopped by to visit Curt Harms and see his new Jet J/P combo. The visit was very enjoyable. Curt has a compact, but serious workshop and the J/P was an excellent choice. I was quite impressed with the machine, too. On those design things that Jet did differently from the notable Euro manufacturers, it made perfect sense to help keep the manufacturing cost down and consequently, providing a street price that is approachable by a much larger population than those aforementioned Euro names. The quality that I could see was right in line with my previous experience with Jet. Definitely worthy of your consideration if you're interested in a 12" J/P combo that is comparable in cost to a decent 8" jointer and 15" planer as separates.

I WANT ONE! Enjoy it!:p

C Scott McDonald
03-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Looks cool! I wish they would put one out with a helical head in it. That would be awesome!

Dennis Peacock
03-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Looks like you gents had a nice visit. :D Nice machine and what a space saver.!!! :cool:

Don Abele
03-12-2008, 7:28 AM
Looks cool! I wish they would put one out with a helical head in it. That would be awesome!

I posted that in another thread. Jet is production testing the JJP-12HH. No release date though (no matter how hard I tried).

On the other hand, Byrd is already producing a retrofit head for it. It's scheduled to release sometime this month.

Be well,

Doc