PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Idaho

Stephen Henderson
03-11-2008, 5:55 PM
Hello to all.

I recently came across your forums and decided to come in for a peek.

This seems like a great place to get some new ideas and good advice. I'm looking forward to learning more about everyone's work, etc.

Cheers!

Stephen

Dennis Peacock
03-11-2008, 6:08 PM
Greetings Stephen and Welcome to SMC.!!!

Look out Ken.......looks like Stephen is in your neck of the woods. :)

Hey Stephen...don't mind Ken too much.....he's all bark ya know. ;) :p

Nathan Camp
03-11-2008, 6:14 PM
Welcome aboard Stephen

robert hainstock
03-11-2008, 7:47 PM
Friend, there is a mountain of new ideas here. Think, and sort. :)
Bob

Ken Fitzgerald
03-11-2008, 8:35 PM
Welcome to the Creek Stephen!

Don't pay any attention to Dennis. It's hard to take anyone who wears Bibs seriously!

Steve Schlumpf
03-11-2008, 9:01 PM
Stephen - Welcome to the Creek! Looking forward to seeing some of your work!

Allen Neighbors
03-11-2008, 9:02 PM
Well-come on in to the vortex! A lot of info on this forum. Smart bunch of smart guys here... (those that don't let comments like that go to their heads, that is.) :)

Tom Sherman
03-11-2008, 10:26 PM
You've come to the right place Stephen, friendly folks and lots of knowledge here. Welcome to the Creek.

Stephen Henderson
03-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Well thank you to all for the warm welcome. I can see by the barbs that I might just fit right in.

I'll try to get some pictures up soon. I really got inspired when not long after we bought this house, I found a 10 foot length of six inch juniper shoved in the bushes where the past owners had hidden it. What a spectacular piece of wood. Unfortunately it's about 2/3 gone, so I'm having to get creative with the odd sized leftovers, but you get such cool results out of the bizarre pieces.

I got into turning to make some rocket parts, but have found that everything else has been so much fun, the rocket parts have become secondary. I just need to find a way to get more time in the shop. Not easy with young kids around.

Well, thanks again for the nice welcome.

Cheers.

Stephen

Stephen Henderson
03-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Hi Allen,

Just noticed from your profile that you are a pilot. I'm a private ASEL Instrument, although like you, my currency has lapsed a bit. Flew for a few years in the civil air patrol here before the kids were born. Miss it quite a bit. What did you fly?

Cheers.

Stephen

Glenn Hodges
03-12-2008, 9:24 AM
Welcome Stephen, I will be out in N W Montana this summer, I like that area.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-12-2008, 9:31 AM
Glenn.....When and where will you be? Will you be turning? I might be willing to make a road trip to meet you.

Brent Ring
03-12-2008, 9:46 AM
Welcome Steve - Another Westerner in!

Glenn Hodges
03-12-2008, 9:49 AM
Ken, every year I bring a lathe and turn by my sister's store in East Glacier, Montana. This year with the cost of gas I will not be bringing the lathe, wood, and tools. I will only be bringing my fishing pole. I wish I had known you would have driven over because I would have liked to have met you. This year I will be in search of that big trout which will top the 20 incher I caught last year.