PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

Bill Parker
03-10-2008, 9:50 PM
Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a Pinnacle M-25 Series laser second hand, so I'm guessing Sign Warehouse won't give me support. I've been playing around with the power settings and have noticed that at 100% power with 100% speed and 0% power with 100% speed gives me the same outcome. No matter what % the power is I get the same outcome. If I slow the speed down, I will get a different outcome. I have tested this in CorelDraw x3 and also Engravelab using the print drivers, both with the same results.

My question is does anyone have a clue what I might be doing wrong? :confused::confused:

I also would like to thank everyone that has contributed to this forum, this is a great place and I have learned alot over the last few weeks.

George M. Perzel
03-11-2008, 5:52 AM
Hi Bill;
Welcome to the Creek. First of all, are you vectoring (cutting) or rastering (engraving)?
You say you get the same result- what happens? At 0% power you should get head movement but no laser action. If you are trying to vector cut, is your line width set to "hairline"?
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Brian Robison
03-11-2008, 7:08 AM
Bill,
these folks will give you support, I think it was about $45.00 for an hour long phone call for a tech. Give them a call and see. They have been a good supplier of the Thermark for me.
http://www.jorlink.com/page.aspx?page_id=50

Bill Parker
03-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Yeah George that was the problem I had it set to vector and raster both at the same time. Did I mention I was a newbie? :p
Thanks for your help.