PDA

View Full Version : Some new attempts

Bobby McCarley
03-10-2008, 4:12 PM
This is my first attempt at a couple of new blanks. A snake skin and a shreaded money blank. The snake skin was a challenge. I sure didn't want to mess it up so it took forever to turn. Wasn't quite sure how far down I could take it so left it more hefty than I like them. The money blank was also a challenge getting all of the voids filled. I didn't color the inside of the money blank as recommended. I thought the allusion of maybe a hint of gold in the money would look good. All in all both pens came out OK I guess. Comments are welcome

Steve Mawson
03-10-2008, 9:28 PM
They look good. From what I have read about the snake skin, the skin is right on the tube so you should be able to trim a little closer if you want. Where did the blanks come from?

michael gallagher
03-10-2008, 11:02 PM
I think they look good. Where did you get the shredded money blank? I know a couple of bankers who would like one of those!

Tom Sherman
03-11-2008, 3:07 AM
Nice looking pens Bobby.

Greg Deemer
03-11-2008, 5:54 AM
They both look GREAT!!! I have the money blank but haven’t turned it yet. I saw the video on how to fill the voids. Was it as easy as they made it seem? What challenges did you have turning it? :confused::confused::confused: I have to look into the snake skin blank...

Dale Gregory
03-12-2008, 8:30 AM
Am I missing something? I don't see the money bank, only 2 pens (very nice by the way!).

Dale