PDA

View Full Version : post drawing test

Larry Browning
03-17-2004, 7:37 PM
post drawing test

Larry Browning
03-17-2004, 7:45 PM
Looks like it worked. Alittle fuzzy though.

Larry Browning
03-17-2004, 7:47 PM
Looks like it worked. Alittle fuzzy though.
Second try

Larry Browning
03-17-2004, 7:48 PM
Still fuzzy, but it fits on the screen better

Tyler Howell
03-17-2004, 8:46 PM
Still fuzzy, but it fits on the screen better
Looking Good Larry! (He says choking back the tears green with envy):(:(

Larry Browning
03-17-2004, 8:58 PM
Looking Good Larry! (He says choking back the tears green with envy):(:(
Hey Tyler,
I am going to ask for help with the layout, but I wanted to see if I could post my drawings before i went to all the trouble of drawing it up on the computer. Looks like it worked. Can you guess what all the boxes represent? 10 points for each right answer :D

John Miliunas
03-17-2004, 9:49 PM
Can you guess what all the boxes represent? 10 points for each right answer :D

Well, let's see; One of 'em is for a TS, another for the jointer, one for the miter saw, looks like a drill press in there, I thought I saw a planer in the mix, as well. From what I can tell, there's also an assembly table over yander and you already have the DC and compressor labled. How'd I do??? :D :cool:

David Rose
03-18-2004, 7:53 PM
No, Larry. That's not all that's wrong with the drawing test... The stinkin' thing is too BIG! I mean the square footage, not the drawing. :D
You probably already have Terry wanting to expand and his "old" shop isn't full yet. :rolleyes:

David

Larry Browning
03-18-2004, 8:05 PM
Well, let's see; One of 'em is for a TS, another for the jointer, one for the miter saw, looks like a drill press in there, I thought I saw a planer in the mix, as well. From what I can tell, there's also an assembly table over yander and you already have the DC and compressor labled. How'd I do??? :D :cool:
Not too bad. There isn't a drill press, unless you count the shopsmith. (the long skinny thing against the back wall. Oops! this drawing doen't have the shopsmith in it. no wonder you missed it :eek: ) There is a "refresment center" over by the bathroom. The DC is virtual for now, but I want to rearange before I layout the duct work. Which is where I am hoping to get a little input form you guys. More later. I'm going down to the shop now, but I will check in later tonight.

Martin Shupe
03-18-2004, 8:44 PM
There I was, naively thinking that a 20 x 40 woodshop would be ideal. Now you have gone and shattered my dreams. :( The problem is, there is no way I have room for anything bigger.

Jim Becker
03-18-2004, 9:47 PM
Larry, when you reduce the size of a JPG or GIF, you often loose detail which makes it look fuzzy. If your graphics program allows it, use the "sharpen" feature to crisp it back up after you've decreased the size in pixels. (Adobe Photoshop Elements has this feature and I use it all the time when I reduce photos for display here at SMC)

BTW, that's a nice shop design. Since you're installing a bathroom, consider adding a shower. You will find it very handy after you are doing especially messy things, either in the shop or out in the landscape. It also means you have an extra shower available if for some reason you have a lot of company. I'm adding one to my shop building when I finish the upstairs for all these reasons!