PDA

View Full Version : How do I submit my work to FWW?

Bill Wyko
03-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Someone suggested I submit the Humidor I built to Fine Wood Working Magazine. I would be honored if they even took the time to respond to me. So many pieces in the publication are incredible inspirations. It would be a highpoint of my woodworking to make it into such a respectable publication. Any help would be appreceated.

Dave MacArthur
03-09-2008, 10:32 PM
go to thewoodwhisperer.com
look through his videos
one of them is an interview with FWW editor, in which they discuss how to submit stuff.

Also, just within the last 3 months, there was an article in FWW on how to submit and what the process is... I THINK it was in FWW, not sure now.

Bill Wyko
03-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Thanks Dave, I'll get on this tomorrow.

Don Bullock
03-10-2008, 8:53 AM
Good luck Bill. Your work definitely belongs in FWW. It shouldn't be difficult to get some of it in their magazine.

Larry Fox
03-10-2008, 9:16 AM
Bill - I agree that your humidor deserves to be in the mag. One thing that might really help your chances is to have it professionally photographed. They seem to be sticklers about the photos in terms of lighting, composition etc.

Just a thought.

Tim Malyszko
03-10-2008, 9:19 AM
Good luck Bill. Your humidor should definately be in FWW. If I were you, I'd also submit your segmented turnings because those are pretty amazing also. I look forward to seeing your work in FWW.

Bill Wyko
03-10-2008, 6:58 PM
I absolutly need to get better at Photography. I have a great camera I just don't know how to get the best use of it. My daughter is taking a photography class, I'll have her ask her teacher.

John Fry
03-10-2008, 7:39 PM
Bill,

Here is link to the FWW magazine article about how to get published. I hope posting this link is OK because it is a FWW public area and does not take you to any forums or membership areas.

Mods, Please remove if I have violated the TOS.

Ten Tips For Getting Published (http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/SkillsAndTechniques/SkillsAndTechniquesArticle.aspx?id=28379)

HTH without getting me in trouble :confused:

Brent Ring
03-10-2008, 8:57 PM
Bill,

I think your humidor should be in FWW. It is definately worthy!

Howard Acheson
03-10-2008, 9:29 PM
Go to the Fine Woodworking website here: www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/Gallery/GalleryHome.aspx

At the bottom of the page are the instructions and form for submitting projects both to their magazine and their website.

There are also info about how to photograph your work.

Amazing what you find on a webpage.:)

Bill Wyko
03-11-2008, 1:15 AM
Thanks everyone, All the answers are among you all. I'll put something together this week and give it a shot. I'm not going to get my hopes up but you never know unless you try:rolleyes:

'