PDA

View Full Version : Latest Bottle Stopper

Dick Parr
03-17-2004, 3:17 PM
After I finished the last 2 pens I tired out the new PSI mandrel and made a mahogany bottle stopper. These things sure are fun to make.

Thanks for looking.

Wolf Kiessling
03-17-2004, 3:21 PM
After I finished the last 2 pens I tired out the new PSI mandrel and made a mahogany bottle stopper. These things sure are fun to make.

Thanks for looking.

Very nice, Dick. That thing can stop my bottle anytime

Chris Padilla
03-17-2004, 4:44 PM
Nice little project there, Dick! I assume this is some kind of a kit like a pen? Is the black stuff cork or rubber or something?

John Miliunas
03-17-2004, 5:03 PM
Very, very nice, Dick! Been meaning to try a few of those, but alas, I've already got enough schtuff going on! Now, go find some bottles to stop! :D :cool:

Dick Parr
03-17-2004, 5:10 PM
John, each new stopper gets a new full bottle to try it out on. I wouldn't want to have anything go wrong with it, now would I. :D :D

Chris, yes there are a number of different types of bottle stoppers/kits. There are chrome, cork and silicone and each one either has a mandrel to turn with or a dowel to chuck up with. The one in the pictures is from PSI. I like both the PSI and Woodcraft chrome stoppers. I have some cork and will try it maybe this weekend. I haven't gotten any silicone yet.