PDA

View Full Version : Kit Cabs Pedini~?

Cliff Rohrabacher
03-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Opinions on Italian company Pedini - any one please~?

I like the mechanics, the ability to get the way far wide opening Blum hinges, the geegaws and doo dads all made from steel. They look really sturdy and quality. But I've never seen 'em in real life after a year or two.

Supposedly the cores are MDF bonded with a marine glue. the appearance is - well - it's Italian urbane.

Opinions please?

Cliff Rohrabacher
03-10-2008, 8:16 AM
Well, I guess not that many people have 'em - or seen 'em.

The look isn't the only selling point. For me it is the enormous hardware focus. They have several faces to choose from including a nice european solid cherry shaker style front which I rather like. I don't like colonial styling much. Most the furniture I've designed has been in the Neuvo Danish Modern tradition.

But the hardware. Blum full opening hinges, electrtonic/ mechanical touch latches, split face panels on "lift-up" style compound action hinges, different kinds of pull out shelving that rotates and it comes out on hefty steel arms.
They have some really slick and heavy hardware. They don't dovetail the drawers. They are SST sheet metal.

I've searched the web for comments and reviews.
I found an apartment high rise in FL (million dollar apartments) that is using Pedini kitchen cabs and one girl on Garden Web who was unhappy with things that appeared to be installation issues or maybe shipping. She was so shrill and hystrionic that it's hard to credit her with anything substantive.

So I haven't a reference point other than the show room and my own judgment.

No, I don't want to make 'em. I got too many things on my plate as it is. And it's too much like work.

I am looking at Granite for a counter top. It's called "ultimate black" with a flame textured surface.
I had considered concrete but I really like that particular granite.

Jim Becker
03-10-2008, 2:11 PM
You may want to PM Mark Singer...if anyone knows about such things, he will...

Cliff Rohrabacher
03-10-2008, 4:10 PM
You may want to PM Mark Singer...if anyone knows about such things, he will...

Gracias I shall.

Cliff Rohrabacher
03-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Such a sad and lonely little thread.

Poor thread, Poor poor thread.

Glenn Clabo
03-11-2008, 1:05 PM
Arrivederla filamento unico